This IS NOT going to be your basic installation write-up for installing an aftermarket exhaust on our 2013 Unlimited Rubicon. This is a custom exhaust project to relocate the passenger side crossover behind the crossmember.
First thing the wife said was, "It needs to be louder!" Enter the Dynomax Ultra Flow EVO System (#39522).
Along with the Dynomax EVO I ordered two 2" stainless J-bends from Summit Racing... I've belonged their Pro Shop for years and get a nice discount.
First mod I made was to the exhaust turn down that comes with the EVO system. This pushes the exhaust towards the back of the Jeep instead of straight down. If you've ever been around a vehicle with a turn down in dusty conditions you'll understand why I did this. It helps from kicking dust up right under you and pushes it to the back.
One of the first things I've realized is jack-stands that work on race cars and normal vehicles aren't much help on Jeeps. Note to self, "purchase four 6-ton (taller) jack stands."
Other tools I used on this project or you'll need to change our your exhaust and/or relocate the crossover:
1. Ratchet wrench or impact gun
2. 18mm socket
3. 16mm socket
5. 15mm deep socket
6. 15mm box end wrench - preferably 12-point.
7. 13mm socket
8. Silicone spray lube (WD40 works too)
9. Die grinder with cut-off wheel
10. 4-1/2" grinder with 80 grit flapper wheel
11. Chop saw
13. 3/8" Drive Air Ratchet
14. TIG Welder... you can use MIG but sparks suck!
15. 308 SS and ER-70S filler rod.
17. Black chassis/roll bar paint.