MBRP Rock Rails - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 09-07-2012, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

MBRP Rock Rails

MBRP#130714

I will be installing these bad boys on my JKU today/tomorrow between work and play. I could not find ANY info on them via forums or google. This should be fun!

The rail that you see on the slider itself is bolted on. I will get some up close pics. There is also a step that you can bolt on to the bottom for the ladies in your life.

Enjoy.
Attached Images

'12 JKU, 3.5", D44 front swap w/ OX & 5.13s. CMM & Rimz One Built.
Sponsored by Rigid Industries & Method Race Wheels

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-07-2012, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

MBRP pics

here are a couple of pics from MBRP
Attached Images

post #3 of 11 Old 09-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Granite Guru

I had a set.I did have some problems when I mounted them.they would not mount evenly and was to close to the body and had to use washers to shim it out so not to rub.

They would flex using the step.
would not recommend lifting with any kind of jack on any part of the rail.have seen pics of damage to the body that some one used a high lift jack on them

I think if they were fully welded at the seams and had more supports welded in them they would be a lot stronger.

They do look good once they are on and the steps are nice. But should come off if going off road.

I only went off road once when I had them.They did OK but but never rely hit them against anything hard to see how they would hold up.

This is what mine looked like after having them for 2 years

RK 3.5 LIFT/RRD SHOCKS/FRONT CONTROL ARMS/DRAG LINK/TRACK BAR/REAR BRAKE HOSES/COOPER 295-75-17 STT JEEPERMAN FRONT BUMPER SUPERWINCH EPI9 JKS LOWER TRACK BAR BRACES/DISCONNECTS CRAGAR WHEELS SOFT 8 SYNERGY UPPER TRACK BAR BRACES RR SKID PLATES BENCHMARK DESIGNS EVAP SKID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 09-07-2012, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

damn! is that rust??

the steps will only be on during the week if the wife is using the Jeep. I figured they would be a tough fit just like Smittybilt products are.

thanks for the heads up!

post #5 of 11 Old 09-07-2012, 09:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Let me know if you need any help installing them.

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

post #6 of 11 Old 09-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppSt59Dave View Post
damn! is that rust??

the steps will only be on during the week if the wife is using the Jeep. I figured they would be a tough fit just like Smittybilt products are.

thanks for the heads up!
yes it is rust.I think they have a 3 year warranty on the powder coat or something like that but I didn't know about it back then.

RK 3.5 LIFT/RRD SHOCKS/FRONT CONTROL ARMS/DRAG LINK/TRACK BAR/REAR BRAKE HOSES/COOPER 295-75-17 STT JEEPERMAN FRONT BUMPER SUPERWINCH EPI9 JKS LOWER TRACK BAR BRACES/DISCONNECTS CRAGAR WHEELS SOFT 8 SYNERGY UPPER TRACK BAR BRACES RR SKID PLATES BENCHMARK DESIGNS EVAP SKID
post #7 of 11 Old 09-07-2012, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Let me know if you need any help installing them.
will do. i have a long list of sheet to do before next weekend. steps, beadlocks, antenna for cb, stretch my back, sweet talk my wife and .....well, that might be it for now

post #8 of 11 Old 09-07-2012, 09:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Let's have a party,

Jeff, Steve and I did a bunch of CBs. We're pretty good.

Brian (yellow TJ Brian, not Tattoo Brian) has a set of Walker Evans beadlocks, His father-in-law has worked for Goodyear and wheeled for years so his wife helps with the tire installs. You should train your wife to do that!! It's sexy to see a woman installing beadlocks!!

MBRP seems to have a problem finishing/coating their products. I have their "black" exhaust. First was replaced under warranty. Second did the same thing, but they wouldn't do anything about it. It looks like total shit.

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

post #9 of 11 Old 09-07-2012, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

sounds good!

yeah, seems like most powdercoat jobs suck. our paint/powdercoat guy is pretty dang solid....also helps for getting parts dirt cheap, even with throwing on some powdercoat, ill still be a couple hundred cheaper than buying them new. im sure they will stay on for a couple few months and then ill do something else when i go taller on the lift

post #10 of 11 Old 09-08-2012, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

alright...did them last night so no action shots...advice....

you have to reuse the stock bolts that come out of the body (if you have the stock rock rails). My JKU did not have the bolts but the clips are already in the rub. 8mm bolts and washers. If you want to replace them all like i did to match the hardware that you use for the pinch weld, snag up some 5/16" bolts, washers and automotive clips from lowes....ran about ten bucks.

here are some pics. there is a small amount of adjust ability from front to rear which is nice. all the holes lined up great and did not have to rig up any quick fixes.

the tube on the top bolts on nice and easy to the rail. there are holes in the bottom of the rails that allows you to mount and tighten up all the hardware. not a HUGE fan of the open space that can collect mud and catch on edges but it is what it is.....enjoy.
Attached Images

post #11 of 11 Old 09-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Granite Guru

Looks Good.Sounds like they went on easer then mine did.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode