Rock Slide Engineer Powered Rock Sliders - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 09-06-2012, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Rock Slide Engineer Powered Rock Sliders

Pics to come!

Rock Slide Engineer Powered Rock Slider review / install

My wife is only 5’4” and have 4 young boys. I have added a 3rd row seat so I can now fit the entire family (lets not debate the safety of this as it has been beaten to death). Now that I can fit the entire family in the Jeep I prefer to drive it every where! However the wife does love the Jeep, but was not happy when she was wearing a skirt and I made her jump into it! Which is why I now have the RSE Power Slider!

Install is really straight forward. Loosen the rear 2 body mounts on both sides and remove the front ones completely. The front bolts get replaced with longer ones with a spacer. Simply slip the slider on the bolts and snug it up against the body both in and up and mark the 5 holes to be drilled. Remove the slider and install the nut inserts. Then reinstall the same way and put in the 5 bolts, working from middle out.

Wiring is fairly simple, could be better if things were labeled, but with the brain of the system under the passenger seat its easy to figure out which wires go where just based off of the length of the wires. Simply install 4 sensors by the door jams and put 4 magnets on the doors. Run the positive and negative to the battery and connect it to the override button which can be installed anywhere on your dash. The button makes it so you can lock the steps in any position. I like to turn it off when I have the sliders down when I wash the Jeep or take my top off so I have extra places to step easily.

I also installed their optional LED light kit which is basically a strip of led lights with an adhesive back that goes up under the sliders and comes on every time you open the doors. It works really well at lighting up the steps.

So far in the 3 weeks I’ve had them installed they have worked flawlessly, the wife and kids love them and have gotten a lot of comments when people see them pop in and out.

Since my Jeep is pretty much brand new, I haven’t been on any hard core trails yet and probably won’t for several years as it is my dd, but it will see some trail time and I will report on how well they handle rocks if they do come in contact with them, but they do seem pretty stout, about the same as my warn sliders on my 2001 TJ which saw some hard trails in Moab, but shorter wheelbase I never came down on the sliders to test the warn ones out, but I did feel better having them.

I will be updating periodically as to my likes / dislikes if any on this product.

2012 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Gecko Green!
6" longarm, 40" tires, 4:88's Synergy inner/outer sleeves, trussed, c's and hvy duty ball joints,Tom Woods DS f/r, Bush Whacker Flat Fenders.
RSE Rear Bumper, Smitty Stinger front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode