How to use an OEM seat as a 3rd row! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 06-25-2012, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

How to use an OEM seat as a 3rd row!

So I found a 2011 2DR JK rear seat that matches my interior and wanted it as a third row option. The following is a tutorial on how to install one if this is your plan. That being said, adding a 3rd row seat to a JKU is obviously the choice of the owner and I am not responsible for what you do or do not do as a result of my tutorial. This is what I did for MY Jeep and if you want to do the same, have at it. Thus far, the costs are actually very good. The seat was $80, the welding was $150 and that included labor and the brackets, seat belts were $100, and I am waiting on the estimate for the extra roll bar (pix later on when it's done). It should be pretty cheap too based on their $55/hr rate and material cost. I'm guessing $200. All in all, this is less than half the cost of that "little seats" site since their parts do not include labor of you putting it in, shipping, etc. I'm not knocking that site at all, in fact I think they have a great thing going but they cannot match my interior like factory or have a reasonable cost. Just my opinion. I do like their jump seats though. I almost opted for those. In any case, here is the install! Enjoy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-25-2012, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 06-25-2012, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

what are you doing for seat belts?

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane
post #5 of 10 Old 06-25-2012, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1pig View Post
what are you doing for seat belts?
I said in this tutorial that I have some on the way. They are the OEM 3-point belts from a 2dr JK. I am mounting them to a roll bar that I am having added next week.

post #6 of 10 Old 07-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

any up dates

its all about the crawl ratio.
post #7 of 10 Old 07-07-2012, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

so the update is that I went to the weld shop and we seen a minor issue but we will remedy it. There is a spot that connects two soft top frame bars in the rear that are slightly too big to be able to drop the soft-top behind the third row seat. So I had to reschedule so we can trim it out. Once done, we will spot weld to test the added bar to make sure the top will lower correctly. If so, we will weld it fully. I'll post pix of all of that too so everyone can see what exactly I am talking about. Stay tuned!

post #8 of 10 Old 07-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Rock God

That's awesome, great build!

08 "X", RC BB, 33" Duratracs, Coast 1310 front, Hellfires, Woods evap relo.
post #9 of 10 Old 07-18-2012, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

post #10 of 10 Old 05-04-2015, 08:31 PM
Rock God

Awesome write-up and thanks for sharing!!! bringing this thread back from the depths as this is something I woudl like to do as well.

Thanks!

Gui

Last edited by geberhard; 05-04-2015 at 08:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode