The front was quite a bit harder. Wanted a winch bumper. Had to have the winch as low as possible to keep the radiator unabstructed & for sheer strength, while keeping the bumper high & tight for maximum approach angles.
I happily accomplished all three.
Thought I'd dress it up a bit, so I fortyfived the corners!
Here's a TJ winch plate I modified. It was designed to be bolted to the top of the frame. Too high for me.
Here you see the 2.5" angle I used to mount the winch plate to. Also notice the big allen wrench pieces I welded to the bottom. This is to place my Hi-Lift jack in to prevent it from sliding out on me. Works great.
Testing out the Jack!
Here's the winch plate in place.
After cutting out the winch line slot. Made it extra roomy for the synthetic rope.
Found some massive D-Rings at "Cuthroat4x4". I have nothing but good to say about these folks. Top notch for sure.
They keyed them through the 1/2" plate & tig welded them on the back as wekk as the front. Very beefy to say the least.
Here's some 1/4" plates I cut out for the push bar to be welded to.
Finally time to prime & paint.
One of my favorite parts of the build. Installing the D-Rings that I love so much, lol.