Poison Spyder Crusher Corners - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 04-25-2012, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Poison Spyder Crusher Corners

A big thanks to Marcus!! You rock brother! I still have to bed line them, RTV the top edge, install the back-up lights, and figure out what I did wrong with the brake lights. The brake lights work, but only the driver side turn signal works.

The Arrival!!

Remove the OEM tail lights:

Cut out the raised areas around the OEM tail lights. I used a step bit drill to hollow out the corners and a grinder to cut the rest off.

The carnage...

Mount em' up to mark the nut sert holes:

For those, like me, who have experienced the hell that is installing nut serts with the tool that PSC provides ...this is the greatest tool ever created!!! Worth every penny!!! Made the nut serts the easiest part of the install.

NOTE: If you're local to me and installing nut serts, PM me ...I'll be happy to bring this to a wrenching party.

Nut Serts:

Installed!! Rattle can bed liner goes on tomorrow.

More to come tomorrow...

My Build Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NE Trail Ride Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 04-25-2012, 06:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Looks good man! You kmow your gonna need need to cut out some more metal for those reverse lights haha jk, are you gonna bedline then paint it red or leave it black?

2010 Mango 2dr 6spd Rubicon
PSC BFH front and rear, Warn 9.5cti with viking synth line, Rigid duallys, RROR full skid,
RK 2.5 max travel pro with RRDs, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Tera 44 front, Tera 60 rear with 4.88s
post #3 of 20 Old 04-25-2012, 06:41 PM
JKO Addict!

I feel like I just read this thread somewhere else...strange..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 04-25-2012, 06:45 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Looks great!! That looks like it is definitely the tool for the dreaded nutzert

Well Done

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

post #5 of 20 Old 04-25-2012, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguyhasadd42 View Post
Looks good man! You kmow your gonna need need to cut out some more metal for those reverse lights haha jk, are you gonna bedline then paint it red or leave it black?
Yeah ...funny thing. I went to cut those holes today and realized that the package that the hole saw came in said 2 1/2" ...the hole saw itself said 2 1/4". It'll get dome tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
I feel like I just read this thread somewhere else...strange..
LOL

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Adrenaline Offroad
post #6 of 20 Old 04-25-2012, 06:49 PM
JKO Addict!

Nice!

Did you drill all of your holes at once? We drilled a few at a time for TexasKevs and it really made a big difference in the final fit. All of the bolts are completely flush against the armor and the gaps are all minimal and uniform. I am very impressed with PSCs corners!

BroncoJohn's annular cutter is also a nutcert installers best friend. It's basically a hole saw for the 5/16" cert size, perfect hole with no sheet metal bite like a drill bit. Freggin' awesome!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #7 of 20 Old 04-25-2012, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
Nice!

Did you drill all of your holes at once? We drilled a few at a time for TexasKevs and it really made a big difference in the final fit. All of the bolts are completely flush against the armor and the gaps are all minimal and uniform. I am very impressed with PSCs corners!

BroncoJohn's annular cutter is also a nutcert installers best friend. It's basically a hole saw for the 5/16" cert size, perfect hole with no sheet metal bite like a drill bit. Freggin' awesome!

I drilled a couple then stuck center punches in the holes while I checked to make sure the corner hadn't shifted. The nutserts turned out great. The best yet using that tool. BroncoJohn's cutter would have been great. I drilled slow, so my holes were pretty clean, but a few were ugly. I have two that are spinning and one or two that are a bit off center ...easy to fix tomorrow.

The corners are great. The fit is fantastic!

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Adrenaline Offroad
post #8 of 20 Old 04-25-2012, 07:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-jeep View Post
I drilled a couple then stuck center punches in the holes while I checked to make sure the corner hadn't shifted. The nutserts turned out great. The best yet using that tool. BroncoJohn's cutter would have been great. I drilled slow, so my holes were pretty clean, but a few were ugly. I have two that are spinning and one or two that are a bit off center ...easy to fix tomorrow.

The corners are great. The fit is fantastic!
Ah whatta 'rook, no spinners here!

| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

post #9 of 20 Old 04-25-2012, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Ah whatta 'rook, no spinners here!
LOL ...dammit! I'll take a couple of spinners being that the tool I bought got all the nutserts done in the time I would have gotten 3 done with the PSC tool. Should have bought it a long time ago.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Adrenaline Offroad
post #10 of 20 Old 04-25-2012, 07:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
LOL ...dammit! I'll take a couple of spinners being that the tool I bought got all the nutserts done in the time I would have gotten 3 done with the PSC tool. Should have bought it a long time ago.
Yea I will buy one at one point. I figured if everyone that used/borrowed it would chip in $15-$20 it would be paid for very quickly. I bet you wouldn't find a single guy that was installing nutserts any other way that wouldn't chip in a few bucks. I did my rocker armor with a modified PSC tool with a cordless impact, it was slow going with that even. That compression tool is the shit!

post #11 of 20 Old 04-25-2012, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Yea I will buy one at one point. I figured if everyone that used/borrowed it would chip in $15-$20 it would be paid for very quickly. I bet you wouldn't find a single guy that was installing nutserts any other way that wouldn't chip in a few bucks. I did my rocker armor with a modified PSC tool with a cordless impact, it was slow going with that even. That compression tool is the shit!

Yeah ...I'm hoping it can get some good use around here at wrenching parties. If not, maybe I'll just start randomly nutserting various shit to my rig, LOL!!

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Adrenaline Offroad
post #12 of 20 Old 04-25-2012, 09:55 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Yeah ...I'm hoping it can get some good use around here at wrenching parties. If not, maybe I'll just start randomly nutserting various shit to my rig, LOL!!
I'm in the same boat...bought the exact same tool and was disappointed when the job was done. Randomly inserted about 10 nut serts around the garage.

2010 JK Rubicon- meh 2dr sold
2012 JKU Rubicon- bored sold
2015 JKU Rubicon- 3rd times a charm?
post #13 of 20 Old 04-25-2012, 11:10 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Thank you for the business and support man! As always it's very appreciated!

That tool really does make nutserts fun. I have nutsert races with the locals because of it. LOL

MR

post #14 of 20 Old 04-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Marcus 'twisted my arm' and made me buy a set also Nice write up, it'll help a lot of guys decide what to buy. Very high quality product with top notch fit and finish. I am really happy the way that my project turned out.

Your cuts around the rear lights are way prettier than the butcher job that I did, hats off to you

Mike (Goodysgotacuda) is great with that big'oass nutsert tool. No spinners and his help saved me from lots of problems. I had mine painted but I like your idea of the RC beadliner.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

Last edited by TEXASKEV; 04-25-2012 at 11:54 PM.
post #15 of 20 Old 04-26-2012, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
Marcus 'twisted my arm' and made me buy a set also Nice write up, it'll help a lot of guys decide what to buy. Very high quality product with top notch fit and finish. I am really happy the way that my project turned out.

Your cuts around the rear lights are way prettier than the butcher job that I did, hats off to you

Mike (Goodysgotacuda) is great with that big'oass nutsert tool. No spinners and his help saved me from lots of problems. I had mine painted but I like your idea of the RC beadliner.

Yours look awesome! Those cuts were a PITA with a 4.5" cut off wheel, drill, file, and sandpaper.

Mine are painted and on, but it's too dark to take pics. I'll have some up tomorrow.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Adrenaline Offroad
post #16 of 20 Old 04-28-2012, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

All done!!!!

The holes I drilled for the back-up lights, though centered, were too small and made installation impossible ...so I just cut the damn things out.

All bed lined with Duplicolor:

And on:

Also drilled into my bumper for the Duallys:

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Adrenaline Offroad
post #17 of 20 Old 05-01-2012, 06:22 AM
Rock God

Looks Great!

2012 SLV JK Unlimited Rubicon
post #18 of 20 Old 05-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Rock God

Thanks TEXASKEV and e-jeep for posting up your photos!
post #19 of 20 Old 05-01-2012, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
Thanks TEXASKEV and e-jeep for posting up your photos!

No worries Dusty ...the fit on these is awesome. I'll still do it, but the top fits so well against the body that putting a bead of silicone there seems unnecessary.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Adrenaline Offroad
post #20 of 20 Old 05-01-2012, 05:34 PM
JKO Addict!

looks great i cant wait for the day these are on my jeep.

2010 Mango 2dr 6spd Rubicon
PSC BFH front and rear, Warn 9.5cti with viking synth line, Rigid duallys, RROR full skid,
RK 2.5 max travel pro with RRDs, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Tera 44 front, Tera 60 rear with 4.88s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode