RK 3.5 max travel install - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-18-2012, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

RK 3.5 max travel install

hey every one, got around to getting started on my Rk 3.5 max travel lift with Aev 5160 shocks (F&R) with a little help from fourplyn. First is the rear(as far as we made it in the day) The front is yet to come. I just want to say thanks to Fourplyn for giving me a hand, all the little tips, tricks, and ideas he had, i would have never thought about (Its the small stuff that makes it count).

the camera came out a little late haha

Started off with putting jack stands at the frame in front of the rear wheel, disconnecting sway bar and dropping the axle. Then removed the springs and all the stuff that was possibly in the way. Doing that made it nice for working room and not a whole bunch of stuff in your way. after that, we got the Ca's installed and remounted the new springs, which was pretty easy.

The break lines are no longer in that position as we raised them up to where the shock uppers mount. This gave it a nice clean look and also makes them out of the way and on the inside of the frame. NOTE: to do this, you will have to bend the kinks flat in the hard break line (except for the 80degree at the connection) You will also have to drill out(use a unibit) the Oval hole in your top shock mount far enough to get the locking part on the break line, but not big enough to where all of it goes through. Ill get pics up of that hopefully later tonight to better explain my self.

Also, we un mounted the the rear E break cables and re ran them under the cross brace for a little more room and length to flex with out getting tight.
New track bar hasnt been installed yet.

And this is a look at the other side during install process

then i believe this is when i was tightening the CAs. I didnt even know Fourplyn took this picture haha

This is the start of install the Brawler lite front bumper. Easy install yes, pain the ass, yes, Not completely enough room but enough to get a couple clicks from a ratchet. maybe a speed wrench would work better? Ill update that when i get the correct fogs to put in it. The 10 is different than my 08 harness. damn......

And DONE with the rear

but i get a couple more
picture up tonight.
With just the rear installed, it rides 10xs better and the Aev shocks ride and absorb the bumps real nice. Now i cant wait to get the front in.

time for the front:

just getting every thing out, and ready to install the new stuff

this picture is to show you DONT need to cut the bolt in front to get the upper arm out. If you use a strap, you can pull it out of the way enough to get the bolt out. Makes quick and easy work.

and about 99% done, just need to install the front drag link, flip kit, and RK tie rod assembly, oh and also the relocation bracket for the rear sway bar. On a quick side note, i used a 1" spacer up front, if i would have, it would have had a very bad rake. No spacer in the rear.

and with the sexy new bumper on and the stupid crush bar cut out

the flex!!!

Thanks again to Fourplyn for all your help.

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Monster Jk; 07-17-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Rock God

Garage

nice! Got a question on your hood, did you paint it or have it painted professionally? Hard to tell from the pictures but its looks like the top raised portions are painted green as well? I tried buying some rescue green spray paint and its a terrible match, could be the company though.....

My build

post #3 of 9 Old 03-18-2012, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbronco1 View Post
nice! Got a question on your hood, did you paint it or have it painted professionally? Hard to tell from the pictures but its looks like the top raised portions are painted green as well? I tried buying some rescue green spray paint and its a terrible match, could be the company though.....
thanks, and i had it custom painted from my friend. I picked to have the two sloped parts of the u painted rescue green and the top left matte black. Im really happy with how well he did it. He's and old school painter and made it work out and look awesome.

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 03-25-2012, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

more pictures up and the rest of the install

post #5 of 9 Old 03-29-2012, 08:05 AM
JKowners Vendor

Great Job! Looks good!

RK
post #6 of 9 Old 04-03-2012, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
Great Job! Looks good!

RK
Thanks RK, love the kit but have a few questions for ya, I'll pm ya

post #7 of 9 Old 04-11-2012, 09:33 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Jk View Post

Thanks again to Fourplyn for all your help.
hey no problem man..

If you look at the first picture...you can see the old suspension..how it sits lower...

The 2nd picture shows it sitting higher...love it. RK makes great stuff..ha ha

Current project jeep 08' wrangler 2dr
Past jeep:
- 07' Rubicon 4 dr, RAMICON- 3.5" ROCK KRAWLER Coil-Over lift
- 5.38 gears- Gusseted/Trussed/inner sleeved
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

post #8 of 9 Old 04-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourplyn View Post
hey no problem man..

If you look at the first picture...you can see the old suspension..how it sits lower...

The 2nd picture shows it sitting higher...love it. RK makes great stuff..ha ha
It looks a lot more level in the 2nd pic too

2011 JKU Rubicon
PSC Evap Skid
PSC Diff Covers
Dynomax Rock Crawler exhaust
ACE Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier
Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex W/ Bilstein 5100's
35" Nitto Trail Grappler's
post #9 of 9 Old 04-14-2012, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19T View Post
It looks a lot more level in the 2nd pic too
yeah, and thats even after adding a 1" spacer in the front.... glad i did. Damn the jk rake.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode