Jeep JK 3rd Row Seat Write Up - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-26-2012, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Jeep JK 3rd Row Seat Write Up

I finally got around to adding my 3rd row seats in my JK. It took about an hour and a half start to finish.I started by pulling all the carpet up in the back & used bungee cords to hold it back. I then laid the brackets down in the approx. location that they were suppose to be mounted.

Next I positioned the brackets using the measurement provided in the directions, & market where the holes needed to be drilled using a silver sharpie. (Very important to make sure the brackets are exactly squared)

I then used a hole punch to start the holes before I drilled them to make sure the holes were drilled on center.

Then using a small bit I pre drilled the holes, then went up in size to get the holes drilled to the correct size.

I then sprayed rustolem on the holes to try & prevent any rusting.

The kit included Nutserts to install the brackets, but I didn't feel safe doing that so I went out & bought some Bolts, Nuts & washers & used those to mount the brackets to the bed in the jeep. It did require 2 people since one needed to be in the jeep & one needed to be under the jeep to tighten the bolts/nuts. The measurements on the directions were spot on & the bolts all mounted easily.

Next I started putting the carpet back down.

After laying the carpet down I had to take a razor & cut slits in the carpet for the brackets to stick through. I also had to cut down the rear storage panel to allow it to open/close with the new brackets in place.

I then put the 6 bolts into the brackets & added the rear seat. Thats all it was too it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-26-2012, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

post #3 of 8 Old 03-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Wheeler

Awesome I will be doing something like this to mine also. 4 kids that want to go 4x4ing... Oh and the wife too haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-10-2012, 04:16 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Congrats! I did mine a month or so ago! Love it! And I ditched the nutserts too! What are you doing for seat belts?

Sent via your mom on a tricycle wearing a paper crown from Burger King

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
D60 Front 99-04 Ford ARB w/ 5.38
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42” MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
post #5 of 8 Old 03-10-2012, 09:09 AM
ADDICTION II build begins....

I have been running mine for about 2 years now the same way...for seat belts, look at the Corbeau 3 Point retractable harness. that is what I did and works great!

U.S. Army
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-22-2012, 02:55 PM

Can anyone post pictures of how they did their seat belts? I plan on installing my seat this weekend and I need to figure out which belts to use and how to install them.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-22-2012, 02:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Lap belts! Mine are currently in a box in the garage, but when I get to them I will drill a hole on the side of the seat and then replace the stock receivers in the middle with the new ones

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?14lpsn
Sent via your mom on a tricycle wearing a paper crown from Burger King

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
D60 Front 99-04 Ford ARB w/ 5.38
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42” MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
post #8 of 8 Old 01-25-2015, 01:38 PM
Wheeler

Well three kids and this is the top of the wife's MOD list.

2010 Rubicon JKU (AEV Built)
---5.7L Hemi-6speed-King C/Os-EVO Long Arms
---Currie Currectlync-PSC Hydro Assist
---Mopar Dana 60s-40" Maxxis Trepadors-ATX Dual Chamber Pro II
---lots of other goodies
2006 Rubicon LJ--SOLD and is missed
---4.0L 6speed-4.5" Rokmen/ProComp Lift-35" Toyo MTs-Rokmen Armor and a bunch of goodies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode