Poison Spyder BFH w/Comp Stinger - Total Length - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-23-2012, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Poison Spyder BFH w/Comp Stinger - Total Length

I've had a few questions regarding the actual dimensions of the Poison Spyder BFH Comp Stinger since I've owned it. The dimensions on the site are based off the bumper itself, which can leave some grey-area regarding the actual size of it if you don't have one sitting in front of you.

In response I've taken a couple measurements so that one (probably with another set of hands) could replicate on their Jeep exactly where the nose of the stinger will end up.

Hooking a tape measure to the strap loop on the hood it's total length is going to be 53" out. Now to get the actual location you'll need another measurement to make that triangle, more or less...Measuring from the tape touching the GRILLE in the hood gap, going up 4-1/2" will locate the 1st tape measure to the angle it needs to be at.

The angle finder is just placed where there is a body line on the hood, and may be easier for a one-man measurement to be performed. That is 3 and~7/16" up from the body line (where the top of the tape is, not the bottom/concave portion).

Hope it helps someone out.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-23-2012, 01:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

not as bad as i thought it was going to be! awesome info and write up!

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
D60 Front 99-04 Ford ARB w/ 5.38
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42 MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
post #3 of 3 Old 01-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Granite Guru

Thank you very much Goody. Exactly what i needed.

3.5" Rock Krawler Mid-Arm Flex, Bilstein 5100s, Smittybuilt XRC Rear Bumper & Tire Carrier, AEV ProCal, 37" Nitto TrailGrappler MTs, MB 72s, 5.38s, C Gussets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode