Die Installation des sPod!!!!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 10-10-2011, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Die Installation des sPod!!!!!!

I pulled out the dual battery set-up and got me some sPod goodness.

The system was very well packaged and came with a nice letter from Des sPod guy. It is a very clean and straight forward install. I ran out of light before I could hook anything up tho the sPod, but it is mounted!!!

Removing the plastic header cover; trimming some plastic; and bolting the sPod switch box to the two torx bolts on the middle top latch.

Running the cables to the switch box.

Installing the switch box ...works very well with the "Spider Ball".

The only hard part of the install was feeding the wiring through the firewall. Not hard due the anything related to the sPod, just a tight fit.

My Build Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NE Trail Ride Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-10-2011, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Connecting the switch box to the main part and attaching it to the two bolts holding the PCM.

Anyone familiar with my almost Jeep-B-Que will appreciate my love affair with zip ties!!

It is in!!!

The sPod comes with everything you need to install; set-up; and start connecting items to it. It is very well designed and thought out. I am looking forward to hooking my lights and CB up to it tomorrow.

Cheers sPod guy!!!!!!

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Adrenaline Offroad
post #3 of 6 Old 10-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Rock God

Thats awesome, with out a doubt my favorite mod on my rig.

2008 Jeep JK Unlimited Rescue Green NSG370
RK 3.5 X Factor mid arm
37x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers
PSC BFH trail stinger
PSC narrow fenders

A lot more to come very soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 10-14-2011, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

I finished hooking up my lights and CB to the sPod. Wow!! This is by far one of the coolest modifications I have done to date. The connections to the battery are minimal and under the hood is VERY clean.

Hats off to the sPod guy!!! Awesome product!! I will send you pics soonest.

Cheers.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Adrenaline Offroad
post #5 of 6 Old 10-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Yeah it makes hooking things up easy. I love mine. Really keeps the wires under the hood to a minimum.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #6 of 6 Old 10-16-2011, 10:36 PM

Glad you posted this. One of the first things I added also and absolutly cannot say enough good things about the producy either. John and Cindy were both great when ordering and after the sale. So much so, that when I added a compressor I went back and ordered the ARB harness as well.

Only thing I did additionally was add a little RCV on the firewall gromet and the inside corners of the lid. Small bit of pipe wrap cut for on top of the switch box to deter rain getting in there. Replaced the carling switch covers with the some light-up icons to finish it off. Super clean.

I like my wired HDH switches as well but it's not as clean and you need to source additional parts like relays, secondary fuse box and so on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode