Installing switches and fuse block - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-30-2011, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Installing switches and fuse block

I read that you can't put switches in the stock switch panel, so I figured I'd do it anyway and show you how.

Not to hard to remove really. If you have a teflon or plastic panel remover it helps. The top panel you loosen from the front first and the bottom panel you loosen from the top first, then remove the 4 screws that hold the cover on and start prying close to the clips to pop them loose. Remove wire harnesses as you go.

circuit board inside the switch panel

remove the switch panel and mark the centers

for some reason one of the covers has a retaining prong near the center of the cover. I removed it so the switch would fit. The remaining prong would hold the cover on, but I put some RTV on the cover to make shure it stayed on.

switches mounted

view from the back

the circuit board still fits and the stock switches still work. The new switches are only 3/4 of an inch deep and fit with no problem.

I mounted indicator lights up by the vents for each switch

you need to remove a little of the back cover for the wires to come out

Fuse block fits nicely under the steering wheel

just enough room

Looks good to me. I have to say, I think it took longer to do this write up than it did to put the switches in. I'm just a noob in the forums though, I'm sure it gets easier
If you live near Sac. in CA I do this kind of work and fabrication all the time look me up if you need something done or some help.

2008 Unlimited X 6 speed 37" Goodyear MTR Kevlars on stock rims w/1.5" spacers, Rubicon Dana 44s w/ E-lockers independently wired,front axle sleeved and gusseted w/RCV axle shafts, 2 speed Atlas 4.3:1 twin stick transfer case, 1" Daystar body lift, 5" Fabtech short arm lift W/spring retainers, Hanson front bumper, Warn 9.5ti winch, Body Armor rear bumper, Treks boatside rocksliders and bellypan skidplate system, Rockhard ultimate sports cage, Tuffy locking console and rear trunk.

Last edited by Thunderranch; 10-05-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Wheeler

Looks good. What fuse box is that? Does the plastic panel contact the fuse block with installed?
post #3 of 3 Old 10-01-2011, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

The fuse block I used is from BUSS but most ATC fuse blocks should fit. Amazon has a few.
The panel clears the fuses by about 1/8 of an inch.

2008 Unlimited X 6 speed 37" Goodyear MTR Kevlars on stock rims w/1.5" spacers, Rubicon Dana 44s w/ E-lockers independently wired,front axle sleeved and gusseted w/RCV axle shafts, 2 speed Atlas 4.3:1 twin stick transfer case, 1" Daystar body lift, 5" Fabtech short arm lift W/spring retainers, Hanson front bumper, Warn 9.5ti winch, Body Armor rear bumper, Treks boatside rocksliders and bellypan skidplate system, Rockhard ultimate sports cage, Tuffy locking console and rear trunk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode