Home brew corners - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 09-12-2011, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Home brew corners

So this is only my 3rd post here, moving over from an unnamed joke of a forum and figured I'd throw this out there to give some ideas and get a little feedback. Its not a full write up at all but heres what it boils down to.

1.) Take a precision tool (in my case a sawsall haha) and cut out 1" or so around the factory tail light hole sheetmetal. This will enable you to recess the OEM tail light housings.

2.) Get some sheetmetal. I used 12 guage. Cut it, fit it, make your bends with some heat, hammers and clamps.

3.) Mock up your light holes and mounting points (for the oem tail lights to shine through) using a piece of plexi glass, makes cutting the metal a hell of a lot easier.

4.) Paint em, mount em, and rivet em in.

The bulbs can be changed easily by reaching up underneath before anyone asks, and I think I've got 30 bucks into it all together.

Cant beat it for the price, IMO looks pretty damn good too.

Last edited by scotty6336; 09-27-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Granite Guru

That's the shit!!!! How bout some close up pics and how can you still change the lamp?

2012 Unlimited Rubicon
post #3 of 13 Old 09-13-2011, 02:28 PM
JKowners Vendor

B I G G E R pictures required
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 09-13-2011, 02:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBEL OFFROAD View Post
B I G G E R pictures required
x2

Info:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 Old 09-13-2011, 03:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Congrats on your move over from the Nazi forum.

Nice corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #6 of 13 Old 09-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty6336 View Post
So this is only my 3rd post here, moving over from an unnamed joke of a forum and figured I'd throw this out there to give some ideas and get a little feedback. Its not a full write up at all but heres what it boils down to.

1.) Take a precision tool (in my case a sawsall haha) and cut out 1" or so around the factory tail light hole sheetmetal. This will enable you to recess the OEM tail light housings.

2.) Get some sheetmetal. I used 12 guage. Cut it, fit it, make your bends with some heat, hammers and clamps.

3.) Mock up your light holes and mounting points (for the oem tail lights to shine through) using a piece of plexi glass, makes cutting the metal a hell of a lot easier.

4.) Paint em, mount em, and rivet em in.

The bulbs can be changed easily by reaching up underneath before anyone asks, and I think I've got 30 bucks into it all together.

Cant beat it for the price, IMO looks pretty damn good too.
Looks nice besides I cant hardly see the tiny pictures! Im wanting to see these in a better pictures cuz id like to make some myself, I might need some more specs! Good work

My build

post #7 of 13 Old 09-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Granite Guru

Did a quick search and here are his larger pics:

post #8 of 13 Old 09-21-2011, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

HA! Yeah thanks with that, never checked back so didn't see how small those turned out. Appreciate it!

07 X..3.5 Rock Krawler mid arm, teraflex steering stabilizer, JKS quick discos, smittibilt rocker guards, poison spyder BFH front and rear, XRC8 winch, 37" pitbull rockers on TWF's, CB, Rock lights, KC Stinger lights, Hella pillar lights, High Lift on hood, Cut flares, 3 amps, polk db front, Kicker type R rears, 1 12" P3, Viper throttle, Yukon 5.13's, Pure jeep truss/gussets, home brew switch panel/corner armor etc etc
post #9 of 13 Old 09-21-2011, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08rubicon View Post
That's the shit!!!! How bout some close up pics and how can you still change the lamp?
If you look up underneath the quarter area in the far rear, its actually all hollow, all there is for an actual "bottom" is a foam triangle type thing. So you just push it out of the way and reach your hand up. Actually faster than changing the bulb by unscrewing the tail light, its really that easy

07 X..3.5 Rock Krawler mid arm, teraflex steering stabilizer, JKS quick discos, smittibilt rocker guards, poison spyder BFH front and rear, XRC8 winch, 37" pitbull rockers on TWF's, CB, Rock lights, KC Stinger lights, Hella pillar lights, High Lift on hood, Cut flares, 3 amps, polk db front, Kicker type R rears, 1 12" P3, Viper throttle, Yukon 5.13's, Pure jeep truss/gussets, home brew switch panel/corner armor etc etc
post #10 of 13 Old 09-21-2011, 07:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

looks awesome!!!

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
D60 Front 99-04 Ford ARB w/ 5.38
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42 MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
post #11 of 13 Old 09-22-2011, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks! They didnt come out too bad considering it was my first shot at "fabricating" if you can call it that

post #12 of 13 Old 09-22-2011, 11:30 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

L I B! M R Sweet!

Nice work!

Marcus

post #13 of 13 Old 09-23-2011, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks man appreciate it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode