JKOwners Forum banner

Transmission cooler return line...

13K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Mabar 
#1 ·
Wich is the return line on a 08 Unlimited Rubicon automatic with tow pkg? The top( first picture and I think it's thus one) or the bottom? I think it's the top one I need to splice for a B&M transmission cooler.

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes, the top line is the only one you will have to cut. I was confused about this when I installed mine. I was pretty sure it was just the top line but my father in law insisted on doing it another way and I trusted him rather than my own intuition. His way actually worked fine but it was cooling the tranny alone thru the aftermarket cooler, and not in conjunction with the radiator and the aftermarket cooler. So I changed it after my initial understanding of the concept was confirmed in the JKO write up dept. It's fine now that I re routed the lines correctly, but I spliced a line that I never had to splice. DAMNIT

#3 ·
:grinpimp: it doesn't really matter, cause the aux cooler will improve the stock cooler (warmer) when hooked into either line and

The bottom line is the Tranny "hot Oil" line(drivers side) and the top line(passenger side) is the cooler return line !!

I use both lines for temp monitoring and aux coolers, circumventing the stock warmer, which is in the A/C condenser--not the radiator !!

:smokin: JIMBO

#4 ·
Wich is the return line on a 08 Unlimited Rubicon automatic with tow pkg? The top( first picture and I think it's thus one) or the bottom? I think it's the top one I need to splice for a B&M transmission cooler.
Yes, the top line is the return line, back to the transmission. B&M instructions recommend hooking up to the return line for best cooling, if you are adding their cooler to the factory cooler.

Start the engine and run for 30 or 40 seconds, then feel both lines. The hotter line is the line from the transmission. The cooler line is the return line, back to the transmission.

B&M Transmission Cooler instructions

See a write-up here:

B&M SuperCooler install on JK Wrangler

Mabar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.