Jks bar pin eliminator tip - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 06-15-2011, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607
Jks bar pin eliminator tip

Hey I thought I would throw up how I resolved the no c-clamp/bench vise issue since I had neither of these and it took more pressure than I thought to squeeze them together to get the pin in.

After I had a minute to think "oh hell how am I going to get this done" moment the redneck engineering side of my brain kicked in...

I took out the stock jack and squeezed the bar pin set up between the head of the jack and the bottom of the punkin, then rotated the shock where I needed it and then put my left hand on the back side of the bar pin set up while I hammered the pin in most of the way in. After it was mostly in I removed it and set it on a piece of wood to finish getting the pin flush without knocking the coating off of the back side.

The reason that I posted this is mostly for the guys like me that don't have all the "perfect" tools for the job and to show that there is another way if you are wanting to do this.

Also for the guys that think I'm lifting the vehicle to do this, I'm not. It only required hand pressure on the oem jack to squeeze them together enough and others may chime in that I did not use the safest spot to do this, well they may be right but when you have a 2.5 year old "helping" you it's all about the path of least resistance. And all in all it only took maybe 30 minutes or so.

Before anyone ask, I don't know of any gains by having this product except I really didn't like the way my new 5100's were shoved up against one side of the goofy pin-stock mounting set up, I haven't driven it yet exept to turn it around and pull back in the driveway but I do not expect to feel a difference.

Hope this may help someone but if not at least it is some info for someone.

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Rock God

haha, i had to cut down the sides of mine to get it to work. Still a nice tight fight thought. And i absolutely believe these have a purpose. My shocks would come out of the rubber grommet and ting around, and this fixed my problem. So very glad that i found them, because inserting new grommets into the shocks is a near impossible feet.

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode