sPod install - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 02-24-2011, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
sPod install

wow that was easy
Attached Images

Poison Spyder BFH w/ TRail Stinger,Teraflex Budget Boost,Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers,Warn M8000,AEM Cold Air Intake,DIY Fender chop
Pro Comp Wheels
Pro Comp Extreme All Terrain tires
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediamaxim View Post
I won't even SQUINT, WHICH IS SAD WHEN I'm F-ING ASIAN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 02-24-2011, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfeet View Post
wow that was easy
more
Attached Images

Poison Spyder BFH w/ TRail Stinger,Teraflex Budget Boost,Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers,Warn M8000,AEM Cold Air Intake,DIY Fender chop
Pro Comp Wheels
Quote:
post #3 of 16 Old 02-24-2011, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

more
Attached Images

Pro Comp Wheels
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 02-24-2011, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

next step
Attached Images

Pro Comp Wheels
Quote:
post #5 of 16 Old 02-24-2011, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

finished
Attached Images

Pro Comp Wheels
Quote:
post #6 of 16 Old 02-24-2011, 10:40 AM
JKowners Vendor

Nice and clean! Looks good Green!!

-Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #7 of 16 Old 02-24-2011, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
Nice and clean! Looks good Green!!

-Jason
Thanks Jason,
Sorry we couldn't find each other at Gulches last weekend. We are looking at planning a camping run one weekend probably late March/early April. We can wheel without having to wait in lines.

Greg

Pro Comp Wheels
Quote:
post #8 of 16 Old 02-25-2011, 12:24 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice! You'll be happy with it!

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
post #9 of 16 Old 03-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Wheeler

nice job....thanks for the pics...they're awesome...
post #10 of 16 Old 03-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Nice job, thanks for the pics. I'm installing mine this weekend. For anyone who hasn't seen this product first hand, the quality is OUTSTANDING.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #11 of 16 Old 03-17-2011, 09:38 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

What about when it rains?

Is there a plate for that hole?

Info:

|
post #12 of 16 Old 04-28-2011, 05:22 AM
Rock God

Garage

Thanks for sharing and the pix! Any feedback after 1-month + installed (e.g. issues adding removing the top, etc)?

2011 Rubicon: Call of Duty - Black Ops JKU
|ACE Sliders & Fenders|XHD Bumpers|Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel|Trail Grappler 35s|Level 8 ZX|Teraflex Tire Carrier|sPOD|Smittybilt XRC10 Comp|Safari Straps|48" Hi-Lift|RIGID 50" E-series, 10" SR, D2s & Duallys|Poison Spider Mounts & Skids
Helicopter Pilot's Creed: If something hasn't happened yet, it's about to...

post #13 of 16 Old 04-30-2011, 08:16 AM
Granite Guru

Mine just arrived yesterday! I cant wait to get it installed! It looks like a very quality and well thought out product!

Thanks for the install pics!
post #14 of 16 Old 05-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by binarypie View Post

What about when it rains?

Is there a plate for that hole?
x2?

EDIT: Had a thought last night, I am guessing the hole is there to clear the loop, allow space for you to attach ,and space for you when putting on a top and what not so, why now make a little lexan, metal, fiberglass, whatever plate (I'll probably go with metal, I have never tried to melt and mold lexan though I'm sure it could be done, and fiberglass is too much effort, IMO (would have to have some shape to it rather than simply flat in order to clear the loop, it looks like)) to put on there with some velcro tape (or even to be fancier, use the sPODS screws!)? It would be fully removable when you need it to be and when needed could press against the weather stripping to provide a seal (and to prevent air from going under it and ripping it off). The sPOD doesn't need the opening for cooling or anything like that right? Since it runs relays I'm sure the switches would not being seeing enough current to heat up at all? I am going to try to rig something up whenever my sPOD gets here and I get around to mounting it! (I couldn't pass up their Jeep Beach deal!!!!)
post #15 of 16 Old 06-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Granite Guru

I emailed with John I think it was at SPOD. I asked him about the hole and if it would cause problems with rain as I'm in south Florida where it can rain at any minute. He said everything inside there is military grade switchs and connects and it's all water proof so it won't hurt anything if it get wet.

here is exactly what he told me. Seems very friendly and helpful.

Quote:
Hi Rich, Thanks for the interest in the sPOD system! Good question and this question is frequently asked. The reason for the opening is for clearance for the footman loop and the latching system on the 2009 - 2011 freedom to latching system. Weather and the elements was a very important factor in the engineering / design of the sPOD system! We have carefully selected components that are used in our systems with all the concerns of the elements. Our switches we use (Carling Technologies Contura) are rated at 50m under water at 50,000 cycles with an IP67 - IP68 rating! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code All of our connectors are of military / automotive quality. Our original test consisted of submersing our Source unit in a vat of salt water for 72 hours, removing from the salty water and then running a 396 chevy starter motor on is for another 48 hours! We spiked an amazing 185amps! That was 5 1/2 years ago with over a 1,000 system sold world wide without a single problem caused by the elements! As a matter of fact, I am running the test unit to this day in my 2003 TJ Rubicon! It looks like crap...but still works! We have many customers in your area if you need references. We pride ourselves in the fact that we manufacture and build all of our parts here in the US by the same folks who enjoy this hobby we call "Jeepin". All of our components are 100% inspected, part numbered ID stamped and date stamped for traceability. This link below is pretty cool take on a post by a customer that I don't even know: https://jkowners.com/forum/showthread...highlight=spod One of the interesting features of 4x4 modifications is the high-level of execution of electrical modifications. While everyone should strive for a top-notch design and installation, it's scarily common to see hacked-up electrical jobs (search the forums), mostly on trailered rigs but sometimes on daily drivers as well. For folks that depend on their rigs reliability in remote locations, that is not an option! Keep in touch, even if you never purchase a system form us...we can just talk wheeling and trails!
post #16 of 16 Old 06-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

I just installed mine and I am blown away with the quality of the materials used and fit and finish is excellent!.

http://jptrails.com/archives/910

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode