ABS Wire Reroute - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-03-2011, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
ABS Wire Reroute

I can't take the credit for this Idea. I saw it on the Currie Jeep on display at King of the hammers. I figured while my jeep was down it would be good to get this out of the way as well. I have the Currie Antirocks so my swaybar stays connected all of the time. If you disconnect your swaybar this will not work for you.
There is not much to this and I have been worried about my ABS wire getting caught or ripped off on a rock for a while so here you go.

You will need:
Black wire ties
Wire ties with push mounts.
Electrical wire loom
Electrical tape.

1. Remove your Front tires to make it easier to get around. Optionally you can remove your front inner fender liners to make it easier to unplug the ABS wire.

2. Remove the plastic fasteners that hold the connector to the back of the shock tower. You can see them near the frame poking through. You can push them back through towards the engine to release the connector.

3. Disconnect the electrical connector. Seeing this will help a lot. It is similar to all of the other connectors on the Jeep. Pull the red tab down and then depress the tab on the connector to release the connector.

4. Pull the ABS wire out from behind the shock tower and reroute it towards the swaybar links and the front of the vehicle.

5. From under the Jeep you will need to start peeling back the wire loom and removing the wire to gain enough slack. There is a lot of wire in there and you should not need it all. Peel it back until you are near the front body mount. You will need to remove two or three push mount wire ties to get the wires out.

6. Once the wire is peeled back far enough cover the entire wire all the way up to the connector with a wire loom. It is two wires so it does not need to be very big.

7. Route the ABS wire over the frame near the front of the swaybar.

8. Route your ABS wire up the swaybar link using zip ties to secure it. Leave enough slack for your rotor to turn. The ABS wire should run almost all the way up the swaybar to the end depending on link lengths and lift. Connect the wires back together and engage the red lock.

9. Secure the wire loom you removed from the frame under the Jeep earlier using the push mount wire ties.

It is important to cycle your suspension and turn your wheels to full lock both ways to ensure you have enough slack in the line. There is plenty of wire to accomplish this.

Here are a couple of shots of the front end after the change.

2K8 Rubicon SWB
4" Terraflex with uppers and lowers / MX6 shocks /37" BFG KM2's /17x9.5 4" BS Raceline Monster Beadlocks / Dynatrac Front housing / 4:88's / RCV Shafts /Superior Evolution Rear Shafts / Genright ALUM Front bumper and Fenders / LoD Rear with Racks / OffRoad Evo Sliders /Or-Fab Cage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-18-2017, 03:53 PM

Would love to see pictures of this. Photobucket was used for the original pics so they do not show up anymore.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-15-2017, 04:21 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon241073 View Post
Would love to see pictures of this. Photobucket was used for the original pics so they do not show up anymore.
Ditto

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- 37 Irok's - 4.88 - Detroit/OX -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-18-2017, 06:03 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

I see the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-21-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpstick View Post
Ditto
Any chance you were able to find pics from this post? Assuming you are headed to (or went to today) Jeeptoberfest Trying to wrap a few things up and heading there tomorrow but afraid I'm going to rip the sensor wire out with my new lift lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode