Performance Coil and Wires on 2011 JK - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-20-2011, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Performance Coil and Wires on 2011 JK

More power! More power! As I embark on my journey to build my 2011 JK, two things come to my mind as the new equipment is added. Power and gas mileage. My Jeep is my daily driver so this simply cannot be overlooked. My JK is a 2 door automatic currently running 32" muds and my fuel economy is about 14.5-15 mpg. Ouch! I intend to lift it 3.5" and roll 33" x 12.5"/ 15. So I did my homework and discovered Performance Distributors. Their firepower ignition promises to increase power and efficiency. So I contacted them and after a conversation with the ignition guru, I decided that it was worth a try. In 2 days time I received the package.
Contents :
Image 1: the Screamin' Demon high voltage coil.
Image 2: Livewires spark plug wires.

The install:
Went off without a hitch. First removed the old wires, coil and plugs. The three plugs on the left were a little difficult to access but a socket extension helped. The new plugs were gapped to .065 and installed. (manufacturer recommends Autolite platinum spark plugs)

Next the new coil was attached right to the factory mount (image 3). Used the same 2 bolts. The Demon is high voltage for a complete burn and has brass terminals for the best conductivity.

Finally, the Livewires were installed. It is crucial that these are installed exactly as the originals were plug to coil. The high voltage of the new coil requires a heavier wire. These are 8mm thick and covered by heat treated fiberglass protected up to 1400 degrees F. Unlike many aftermarket wires, these are custom fit and are numbered for the correct cylinders. They come in a variety of colors.

The finished product and the vehicle(image 4 & 5).
Beginning to end the install took about an hour and a half.
Everything fit just as it should. No problems.

Immediately I could feel the difference in the power. Quicker and much smoother acceleration. As for the fuel economy, it was short ride back and the average economy was up almost 2 mpg. I will continue to monitor this and will update in the near future. But even 2 mpg means 36 more miles from a tank of gas. 2 1/2 gallons in my Jeep or roughly $8.00 a tank.

The cost of the complete firepower kit is $188.00 through Performance Distributors.

Performancedistributors.com

I would also like to thank Chris at AD Automotive in Joliet, Illinois for his exceptional service on the install.
Give them a call for any automotive need. 815-744-3700
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-20-2011, 07:02 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I would be interested to see what your results are. Keep us updated.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old 02-20-2011, 07:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

How many times are you going to post this dude. Get your fucking yellow star like all the other vendors if you want to pimp your stuff. You've posted this on way too many forums with little or no post count to NOT be employed by these people, so pay the fuck up!

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 02-20-2011, 08:28 PM
TJT
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum View Post
......So I contacted them and after a conversation with the ignition guru, I decided that it was worth a try. In 2 days time I received the package.......

From another site......So I contacted them and after a conversation with the ignition guru, they offered to sponsor the parts for my project. In 2 days time I received the package........

The Jeep Community is vast, but its not so big that some product placement at your benefit wont go unnoticed.
post #5 of 12 Old 02-20-2011, 09:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post
How many times are you going to post this dude. Get your fucking yellow star like all the other vendors if you want to pimp your stuff. You've posted this on way too many forums with little or no post count to NOT be employed by these people, so pay the fuck up!
weak

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #6 of 12 Old 04-03-2011, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Performance Coil Update

Well, I have been running the new performance coil, wires and plugs for just over a month now, unfortunately have not been wheeling yet I used to average 14.8 mpg. I am currently averaging 16.5. It adds up. Power wise, it feels much smoother while accelerating, and especially noticeable on the on/off ramps when you need a little extra boost to merge. Hope this helps someone. And those of you who cry about my posts on multiple forums,,DON'T READ THEM!
post #7 of 12 Old 04-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

unless i missed it... is the autolite platinum what you used, or did you go with something else?

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane
post #8 of 12 Old 04-05-2011, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

yeah, i went with autolite platinum on the recommendation from performance distributors. they need to be gapped as well
post #9 of 12 Old 04-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

This post helped me, so thanks Pretty low cost performance boost.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #10 of 12 Old 04-10-2011, 05:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
This post helped me, so thanks Pretty low cost performance boost.
So it's all that and a side of bacon?

Sent from my smoke signals
post #11 of 12 Old 04-10-2011, 07:01 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

How many HP do you think you gained? 30? 40?

What about torque? Another 50 or so lbs/ft would be awesome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #12 of 12 Old 04-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Granite Guru

Is this Bogus? Seems like everyone would have had this
Mod years ago with results like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode