I thought I would put this in the write-up department since there have been a few threads asking "how to remove scratches".....I know of at least 4 threads that I have posted this information in over the last 6 months. A fellow Oahu wheeler (bblustang90) showed me how to do this on my 2 Door JK to remove all the hard water stains (as well as minor rub marks) before I sold it and still use the process on my 4 door now. Hope this helps all of you if it applies:
go to the store and buy a Porter Cable ORBITAL buffer (sells with a buffing pad and sanding pad) and then buy McGuires Mirror Magic Dual Action Cleaner/Polisher compound.
1. Wash your Jeep with any car wash.
2. damp the buffer pad on the buffer and apply a little of McGuires Cleaner compound onto the pad.
3. Use the McGuires Cleaner compound with the Porter Cable Orbital Buffer on low speed allowing the buffer to do the work (will take a little pressure but not much).
4. After you get done buffing where all the scratches are really good, wash the Jeep to wash off the cleaner agent.
** you should see all the surface rubs/scratches came out. Deep scratches in the paint it will not work without touch-up paint.
5. Use McGuires 2.0 sealant wax after washing....just use a clean rag and spread it on.
6. Use XP Renew It spray (purple in color) and spray on the wax using a microfiber cloth to wipe it off (MAKES IT REALLY EASY TO BUFF OUT THE WAX WITHOUT USING ALL YOUR STRENGTH!) If you buy a second buffer pad, you can spray the Renew it on the Jeep and have a second person come behind you using the buffer to do all the wiping. Goes much quicker!!
Hope this helps everyone!