Di-Tech Mirror Relocation Bracket - A Review - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 07-30-2010, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV
Di-Tech Mirror Relocation Bracket - A Review

Doors Off Mirror Relocation Bracket

Just a quick review of a product that I just acquired and really like. This bracket attaches to your body attached upper door hinge. It basically uses your stock mirrors and positions them in the same location that they would be in if the doors were on. Its all metal and very well constructed. Easy to install and is VERY solid. Only takes about 2 minutes to install.

Price seems high but for the $70 you get a solid and sharp looking solution to the doors off / mirror issue. You can reuse your mirrors off of your doors (they come off very easy) or do as I did, pick up a set of pulled ones from a salvaged JK.

Product:
http://www.dietechoffroad.com/produc...rorbracket.htm

Pictures: (sorry about low quality - taken with a point & shoot)

Tools Needed:
T40 Mirror bolts
T50 Door bolt
13mm Socket Door hinge body mount bolt

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TEXASKEV; 07-31-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 07-31-2010, 06:07 AM
Granite Guru

What is the height difference at top from original factory mount location? Looks to be a bit lower?
Do they still fold in or out?

I like them....
post #3 of 21 Old 07-31-2010, 06:38 AM
Granite Guru

I use them. They are in the exact same location as they would be on your doors. They are really well made, solid, and have no real wind vibration.

They were worth the money to me. I would like to have a spare set of mirrors to throw on them and avoid one more step.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 07-31-2010, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Official Monkey Business

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCAT View Post
What is the height difference at top from original factory mount location? Looks to be a bit lower?
Do they still fold in or out?

I like them....
Height is same as when they ae on the door. And yes they do still fold in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaJiK hat View Post
I use them. They are in the exact same location as they would be on your doors. They are really well made, solid, and have no real wind vibration.

They were worth the money to me. I would like to have a spare set of mirrors to throw on them and avoid one more step.
Yeah that's what I did. Got a set of pulled mirrors from a parts JK. Sweet setup.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #5 of 21 Old 07-31-2010, 02:03 PM
Granite Guru

No one has mentioned the viewing angle from the drivers seat. Are these going to finally let us see out of the passenger mirror? Picture please!

2007 Sahara 2dr, 3.5" RK X Factor Plus Long Arm, Dana 44 Rubicon front axle w/locker, Dana 44 Rear, Poison Spyder BFH w/stinger, Poison Spyder fenders F&R, Poison Spyder Rocker Knocker, 37" Pitbull Rockers Bias Ply, 17x9 Spyderlocks, 1350 Drive shafts, Hard Rock 4x4 Rear bumper w/tire carrier & gas can mounts, Poly Pro front axle tube, Poison Spyder evap skid. Upcoming: RR Snorkel, Skid plates
post #6 of 21 Old 07-31-2010, 03:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltstain View Post
No one has mentioned the viewing angle from the drivers seat. Are these going to finally let us see out of the passenger mirror? Picture please!
The mirror is in EXACTLY the same position as if it was on the door.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #7 of 21 Old 07-31-2010, 03:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Great timing! I'll be picking up a set of these this weekend.

Thanks for the write-up!

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #8 of 21 Old 07-31-2010, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Official Monkey Business

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltstain View Post
I adjust the passenger mirror so that I can just see my back corner and lots of road. Same as with the doors on.

post #9 of 21 Old 08-04-2010, 02:02 PM
JKO Addict!

I have been pondering the idea of buying these also I just wish the company offered a discount to forum members!
post #10 of 21 Old 08-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to LS6TT

i want them, just not going to pay 70 bucks for brackets. i may have a buddy build me something similar (not going to copy exactly so no patent infringment), no way its going to cost that much.
post #11 of 21 Old 08-04-2010, 09:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS6TT View Post
i want them, just not going to pay 70 bucks for brackets. i may have a buddy build me something similar (not going to copy exactly so no patent infringment), no way its going to cost that much.
That is the same reason I haven't bit the bullet yet! I don't really see why they have such a high price tag!
post #12 of 21 Old 08-04-2010, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Official Monkey Business

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittnthebz View Post
That is the same reason I haven't bit the bullet yet! I don't really see why they have such a high price tag!
Yeah they are over priced imo. But I went for them for this reason:

1) I don't have to fab anything up.
2) don't like any of the other relocation options out there.
3) they look factory.

After getting them, I was VERY impressed by the quality. Very solid and well built. The powercoat is thick and well finished. I'll be keeping this jeep for years and years. So 70 bucks for a well designed and built part that will last forever was well worth it to me.

post #13 of 21 Old 08-04-2010, 10:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
Yeah they are over priced imo. But I went for them for this reason:

1) I don't have to fab anything up.
2) don't like any of the other relocation options out there.
3) they look factory.

After getting them, I was VERY impressed by the quality. Very solid and well built. The powercoat is thick and well finished. I'll be keeping this jeep for years and years. So 70 bucks for a well designed and built part that will last forever was well worth it to me.
I agree with all three of your points. I just hate when companies price items so high. Out of all of the threads I have seen, not one person has complained about the brackets so I unfortunately will probably break down and buy them long before the company reduces the price.
post #14 of 21 Old 08-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXROCK View Post
I have thought about it, but truth is that my wife and I aren't ready to take the doors off yet with the kids so it will be a couple years until the youngest is "old" enough to ride without doors.

Still a great design and although sees a few bucks high worth not having to do any fab work and still have it in a stock mount point to be useful!
take off the front doors and leave the back doors on. ur sig says you have an unlimited.....

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
post #15 of 21 Old 08-05-2010, 10:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

doesnt look like they're compatible with a rockhard cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #16 of 21 Old 08-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Wheeler

I have to add my thumbs up these as well. I went wheeling a few weeks ago with my doors off and drove 2+ hours on the hwy with these and had no vibrations and could actually see out of the passenger side since it sits in the same position. Some of the trails we hit were obviously not made with a JK unlimited in mind so having the mirrors still be able to fold was awesome.

I honestly don't know how people can drive without side mirrors, especially off-road! I rely on mine way too much so I needed/wanted a solution that gave me the stock look and usability. The relocation kits I looked at all had some visibility loss. These fit the bill perfectly so I can't be any happier...and they are solid as can be! Hell, I've spent way more on item for my Jeep that are either useless or I have never used...can you say seat covers.....

2010 Black Unlimited Rubicon w/NAV
Superior 5.13 gears
2.5" Teraflex coil lift
Bilstein 5100 shocks
JKS front and rear adjustable track bars
LOD Signature series rock sliders
35" Maxxis Bighorn Tires on 16" blackrocks
Terafkex C Gussets and inner sleeves
Rugged Ridge XHD Bumper
Smittybilt XRC10 Comp winch
Rock Hard Evap Skid
Superchips Flashpaq
Smittybilt seat covers (sitting in garage)
Mastercraft Grab Handles
post #17 of 21 Old 09-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
I had just about ordered these when my search turned this post up. I have the rockhard cage that has a mounting plate along the side of the dash.

These brackets have that spacer to locate the mirror in the exact o.e.m. position. Would the post just be rotated slightly more outboard, and could be compensated for by adjusting the mirror differently?

Or are they totally incompatible?

My $16.00 eurotrash mirrors suck, and I'm looking for a better solution.

T.I.A. for any input.

JonB KE6GFB
Lake Tahoe Hi-Lo's
S. Lake Tahoe, CA
08 Wrangler X 4dr. 6sp: Winched, bumpered, Atlased, 5:13 Rubi axles, 37" Kevlar MTRs, Treks skids.
87 Toy BJ70 LandCruiser. Winched, bumpered, 35ed, locked, slidered, dieseled.
87 Toy 4r. Winched, bumpered, dual cased, 35ed, locked, slidered. -Sold, to pay for Jeep parts!
post #18 of 21 Old 09-12-2010, 10:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I love mine ...great porduct!!

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #19 of 21 Old 09-12-2010, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Official Monkey Business

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
This bracket uses the same bolt to hold them to the bracket as the mirror uses to be attached to the stock door. So the bracket is the same thickness as the door. So if your cage works with your doors then it'll work with this bracket.

post #20 of 21 Old 09-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
This bracket uses the same bolt to hold them to the bracket as the mirror uses to be attached to the stock door. So the bracket is the same thickness as the door. So if your cage works with your doors then it'll work with this bracket.
x2 on this. in theory, if the mirrors are in the same spot, then the bolts are in the same spot and nothing on the bracket extends beyond the bolt head towards the dash.

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
post #21 of 21 Old 09-15-2010, 09:35 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

ahh ok just looked again and I thought that they attached to the dash side somehow too, but if they just bolt to the door hinge then yeah they'll work just fine with the cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode