I know this isn't anything drastically new, but I did make my own mount for the compressor and the design is below incase you want to try your hand at some easy fabrication.........
=SuperFlow MV50 Air Compressor, ~$60
It gets good reviews, aired up from 15lbs-43lbs stock 31" in 4:15min. The connector is standard quick disconnect(but the hose that comes with it is screwy at the end so tossed it)....here it is:
=4" wide - 1/8" thick flat steel x about 20" (runs about $5 at a metal recycling/wholesaler I have down the street)
=drill bits (up to 3/8" for metal)
=welder (flux core 110v works fine)
=angle grinder with cut-off wheel
=something you can use to find an angle
=5/16"x1" bolts (nuts and lock washers too) for mounting compressor
DESIGNED first with cardboard:
* note: "3" meant it was my 3rd and final attempt *
Trace the cardboard design onto your metal:
Ends up with these measurements:
Test Fit Things before welding:
When I had the Angle I wanted for the plate the Compressor mounts to, I used an "angle-finder-keeper-thingy" that I thought I'd never have any use for but still had in the 'ol work bench drawer. Then I moved things to the bench to spot weld:
Once I liked the angle I finished the weld. Then I marked the holes for my compressor and drilled them out to 5/16":
One more Test Fit...almost there:
I WANT TO PAINT IT BLACK............
I didn't take a picture of the wiring. I just ran the wires it came with to the battery hook ups (I cut off the cheap alligator clips it came with). It has an in-line 30 Amp fuse. The switch on the compressor works good enough for me so I'll keep it running off that. The compressor pressure guage seems to be about 5 lbs off....so I just compensate when looking at it. Wrapped the wiring in plastic loom. Wire tied to stock wiring, everything works great and looks like it belongs! Total cost.....$60 for the compressor, $5 for the metal, everything else i already had!