My new Wrangler that I bought with a tow package had a hard top only and you can't quickly pop the freedom top on if you are out with the top off and stuck in the rain. I didn't buy it for a few weeks because I though the price was steep since I could get a full sof top for just a little more cash. During the ride home from work the weather finally warmed up took the panels off, drove home. When I got home I popped the panels back on because it was going to rain early the next morning. So I figured I would just buy the sun rider for the hard top.
Last night I tried to install it by myself. It's not real heavy by getting the top to sit on the sport padding and oriented the right way is easier for too people so I asked my wife if she could help. She guided to top ok.. right across the sound bar... it's fine since the scratch is on the top of the sound bar and sometimes while offroad a random tree branch would scrape it anyway when the top is off. So here's a list of a howto so you installation will go a bit quicker and easier than mine:
1. Get someone to help place the sunrider deck on top of the jeep.
2. Remove Freedom Panels
3. Mount door rails, be sure not to tighten the supplied knobs, just mount loose
4. Get your wife, friend, son, daughter or whoever to help guide the sunrider deck on top of the Wrangler and orient it correctly. Be sure not to catch the metal L shaped clip on the plastic of your sound bar. The foam side of the bracket goes against the bar in the space between the sound bar and the support for the cage/nerf bars
5. get your Allen wrench, allen screw stand up in the jeep on whatever side you are working on, follow the supplied directions, line up the sunrider deck screw hole with the screw hole under the side rail, fasten the screw and tighten it as tight as you can
repeat for the other side
6. Install the brackets in the back of the sun rider deck
7. Tighten the mushroom screws
8. tighten the knobs
9. lower the top, latch it down to stretch the material out.