Loving these mirror brackets!!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 06-18-2010, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to sniper41
Loving these mirror brackets!!!!

Someone on here commented about these, liked the look so I got them and I'm loving them!! Only took about 5 minutes a side to completely install and was rediculously easy to do! Heres some pics (oh they are from Dietech Offroad) I think around 80 bucks for the set (77.99 to be exact)

Doug 08 4dr X 6 spd Det Yellow
You are a load that should have been swallowed, but someone as bitter as you are probably would have been spat out. Ahh Dancin Dan
Jersey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 06-18-2010, 07:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to Rick8325

Wow that looks great! I'm going to order those also.
post #3 of 18 Old 06-18-2010, 07:28 AM
Granite Guru

I have these. They are well worth the money. They place the mirrors in the exact same position as when they are on the doors. They look good too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 06-18-2010, 08:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Dietech? Isn't that the company that copied their evap canister skid from Kilby and C-gussets from ORE?

That being said, those brackets look pretty damn good. I have yet to see these anywhere else; so, maybe they're an original design. About time.

Vidi, vici, veni

2008 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #5 of 18 Old 06-18-2010, 08:32 AM
Openly Hostile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogie View Post
Dietech? Isn't that the company that copied their evap canister skid from Kilby and C-gussets from ORE?

That being said, those brackets look pretty damn good. I have yet to see these anywhere else; so, maybe they're an original design. About time.
I think this was actually their first product for jeeps, before they copied the others.

They Do look nice. Do they keep the mirror from vibrating?
post #6 of 18 Old 06-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Granite Guru

Pretty solid mounting with no vibration. It goes into the door hinge then secured at one of the hinge bolts.
post #7 of 18 Old 06-18-2010, 08:50 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Wow , those are pretty impressive...now I just need to order some mirrors with those brackets. That way I don't have to remove the one remaining mirror I have on my full doors.

/

post #8 of 18 Old 06-18-2010, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
I think this was actually their first product for jeeps, before they copied the others.

They Do look nice. Do they keep the mirror from vibrating?
Yup, just came off the highway and at 60 mph it was same as if they were on the door- no vibration at all. We did get sand blasted though-not cause of the mirrors, saved me from having to vacuume the jeep!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
Pretty solid mounting with no vibration. It goes into the door hinge then secured at one of the hinge bolts.
yup- just like that! Real easy and quick install!!!

You are a load that should have been swallowed, but someone as bitter as you are probably would have been spat out. Ahh Dancin Dan
Jersey
Crew
post #9 of 18 Old 06-18-2010, 08:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki646 View Post
Wow , those are pretty impressive...now I just need to order some mirrors with those brackets. That way I don't have to remove the one remaining mirror I have on my full doors.
Yeah, I think that would be the way to go. I haven't tried it myself but I heard removing the mirrors from the OEM brackets is a real bitch.

Vidi, vici, veni

post #10 of 18 Old 06-18-2010, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Yeah, I think that would be the way to go. I haven't tried it myself but I heard removing the mirrors from the OEM brackets is a real bitch.
Actually it was very easy, all you do is remove the two inside screws (inside of the door) the whole mirror comes off the door and then you just replace it onto the bracket and tighten the two screws up- it's that easy, litterally took me 5 minutes a side and that's only because this was the first time on and I never read dirrections!!!! Very easy to do, even a cave man could do it!!!!!!

Jersey
Crew
post #11 of 18 Old 06-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Granite Guru

No, you don't need to remove the mirror from the OEM bracket. The whole OEM bracket goes mounted on the Dietech bracket, as if it were the door.
post #12 of 18 Old 06-18-2010, 09:01 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

well all I was saying is I'm down to a mirror and a half now........so regardless I need to order mirrors...

The other half is sitting on a shelf waiting a home on my garage's wall of shame......bad spotter....but don't tell my GF that....

/

post #13 of 18 Old 06-18-2010, 09:04 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
yea the guys are correct, unbolt from door and re-bolt to bracket....

or

order new ones to just throw on...

/

post #14 of 18 Old 06-18-2010, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki646 View Post
well all I was saying is I'm down to a mirror and a half now........so regardless I need to order mirrors...

The other half is sitting on a shelf waiting a home on my garage's wall of shame......bad spotter....but don't tell my GF that....
No way, that's kinda funny-sorry- but it is!!!

Jersey
Crew
post #15 of 18 Old 06-18-2010, 09:12 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper41 View Post
Actually it was very easy, all you do is remove the two inside screws (inside of the door) the whole mirror comes off the door and then you just replace it onto the bracket and tighten the two screws up- it's that easy, litterally took me 5 minutes a side and that's only because this was the first time on and I never read dirrections!!!! Very easy to do, even a cave man could do it!!!!!!
Oh, I see said the blind man. That was easy (hits Staples' button).

Vidi, vici, veni

post #16 of 18 Old 06-18-2010, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:

Jersey
Crew
post #17 of 18 Old 06-18-2010, 09:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Better than hitting head with stapler.....wait....that could be kinda entertaining to watch...

/

post #18 of 18 Old 06-18-2010, 09:37 AM
JKO Addict!

I bought a set of those to replace my RR brackets back when the released them. Nice brackets, awesome for driving with no doors. Definite quality there. The other stuff was a little, eh, shady...but these are great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode