AEV JK front susp arm drop brackets installed - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-08-2010, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom
AEV JK front susp arm drop brackets installed

Install was pretty easy, took just about an hour to do - but I already had adjustable arms installed so I had already dealt with the passenger side upper arm mounting bolt that won't clear the exhaust.

package consists of 4 steel plates that make up the brackets themselves - beefy 3/16" plate - fit perfectly
4 spacer tubes to put in place of the arms on the frame mounts so you can tighten them without crushing the mounts
and new suspension arm mounting bolts/washers/nuts to mount the arms to the new brackets.

There are 2 holes for the upper arms in the brackets, 1 for 3.5" lifts, the other for 4.5" lifts

The results are a much better ride - made a noticeable difference! no brake dive and less jarring over sharp bumps
they also supposedly help with driveline vibration, but since I already had adjustable poly arms, my vibration was dialed out as much as I could get already - with a thrashed front output bearing on my t-case, its not gonna be perfect till I the case fixed.

They do hang down under the rig a bit and some are concerned about them being rock magnets- and my factory frame mounts had taken a few hits - but these seem pretty beefy so we'll see how they hold up.

Overall - damn good results for $100

Here's the pics showing how far down they hang

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-08-2010, 08:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

This was the first fix for Early Bronco lift. People had the same complaints, but the improvement in drivablity out weighed the loss in ground clearance. This would be a great option for the Radius arm guys.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-08-2010, 08:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

I installed mine two weeks ago, impressed for the most part for 100 bucks but now I have a pull to the right. Added the currie front lowers back in making the passenger side 1/8th of an inch longer and it still pulls, ran out of time before my spinal surgery last Wednesday so i'm waiting to be released to drive on Monday to drive it up to ntb for them to fix, I have the couple of year alignment thing so screw it.

Have you flexed it out yet? Wondering if it reduces the chances of the factory boot getting torn by the pan lip/bolt. Thanks. Mine took longer, I was stuck outside in the dark with a small flashlight.

Like I said it really is a good option to fix lift issues for only 100 bucks.

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to sickchilly Send a message via Skype™ to sickchilly

I love these things. Awesome quick upgrade, great value. My Jeep with ~4" lift drives like a Cadillac. Still using the stock arms and it flexes just fine. Never had a drive shaft issue though since I have a manual.

2007 Jeep Green Rubicon 4-door with various bits 'n pieces... broken in but not even finished!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode