JKOwners Forum banner

AEV JK front susp arm drop brackets installed

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  sickchilly 
#1 ·
Install was pretty easy, took just about an hour to do - but I already had adjustable arms installed so I had already dealt with the passenger side upper arm mounting bolt that won't clear the exhaust.

package consists of 4 steel plates that make up the brackets themselves - beefy 3/16" plate - fit perfectly
4 spacer tubes to put in place of the arms on the frame mounts so you can tighten them without crushing the mounts
and new suspension arm mounting bolts/washers/nuts to mount the arms to the new brackets.

There are 2 holes for the upper arms in the brackets, 1 for 3.5" lifts, the other for 4.5" lifts

The results are a much better ride - made a noticeable difference! no brake dive and less jarring over sharp bumps
they also supposedly help with driveline vibration, but since I already had adjustable poly arms, my vibration was dialed out as much as I could get already - with a thrashed front output bearing on my t-case, its not gonna be perfect till I the case fixed.

They do hang down under the rig a bit and some are concerned about them being rock magnets- and my factory frame mounts had taken a few hits - but these seem pretty beefy so we'll see how they hold up.

Overall - damn good results for $100 :D

Here's the pics showing how far down they hang

See less See more
#2 ·
This was the first fix for Early Bronco lift. People had the same complaints, but the improvement in drivablity out weighed the loss in ground clearance. This would be a great option for the Radius arm guys.

#3 ·
I installed mine two weeks ago, impressed for the most part for 100 bucks but now I have a pull to the right. Added the currie front lowers back in making the passenger side 1/8th of an inch longer and it still pulls, ran out of time before my spinal surgery last Wednesday so i'm waiting to be released to drive on Monday to drive it up to ntb for them to fix, I have the couple of year alignment thing so screw it.

Have you flexed it out yet? Wondering if it reduces the chances of the factory boot getting torn by the pan lip/bolt. Thanks. Mine took longer, I was stuck outside in the dark with a small flashlight.

Like I said it really is a good option to fix lift issues for only 100 bucks.

#4 ·
I love these things. Awesome quick upgrade, great value. My Jeep with ~4" lift drives like a Cadillac. Still using the stock arms and it flexes just fine. Never had a drive shaft issue though since I have a manual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.