16 Willys Reverse Light Swap - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 01-29-2016, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

16 Willys Reverse Light Swap

Mod Three on my 2016 Jeep Willy - Replace stock reverse bulbs with 510 lumens Diode Dynamics XP80 LEDs.

I was extremely dissatisfied with the brightness of the stock reverse lights. So, I investigated some and decided on the Diode Dynamics XP80 LEDs.

These are the ones I ordered (make sure you pull down to the XP80 / 510 lumens model:
http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/l...ckup-leds-pair

The LEDs were $90 for a pair. The replacement required removing four screws (two on each side), popping the old ones out, inserting the new ones, and replacing the housings. The whole thing literally took fewer than five minutes.

I took a before and after photo at twilight to demonstrate the change. Also, I used a DSLR camera set on manual mode (Canon 70D f/3.5, 1.6s, ISO 100, [email protected]) to make sure the camera isn't compensating (like a smartphone will). Except to lower the resolution and add text titles, the photos were not altered in any way.

You can deffo see a difference, but seeing them live was pretty epic. Big difference! I would absolutely recommend this mod.

Lights off:

Stock reverse light bulbs:

XP80 LEDs:

-Vaughn

--
2016 Willys W / Granite / MT / 2" Lift / Spyder Brawler Lite / Warn Zeon 10-S Platinum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode