So I decided to go ahead and swap out the Superwinch that has developed a short in the controller outlet. I swapped it for the Smittybilt XRC8 that I won @ Jeep Beach last weekend.
Originally I wanted to relocated the remote solenoid, however I didn't have any extra 4 gauge laying around to use, so that will be a project for another day. The next best thing was to splice into the wires leading to the controller outlet and ran them to a switch panel. So now I can either use the onboard switch, or if necessary I can still use the corded controller.
Oh yea, I went ahead and bed lined the grill & blacked out the turn signals while I was at it.
The other big project for the day was squeezing up a little lemonade by addressing the broken glovebox from the ass munch walking around Daytona Beach last weekend. As I mentioned in a few other threads, I've been sitting on a Cobra 148GTL and an ARC 8000 Switch Panel. With the latch on the glovebox being snapped off and rendered useless for securing things I decided it would make the perfect spot for both the relay board and the CB.
First I simply outlined the CB using a box knife, followed by a drill and a jigsaw to cut out the opening for the CB.
The ARC 8000 relay board mounted to the bottom of the box.
Now here is where I'd like to throw up a few little tidbits to making life simple when running multiple wires through the firewall. The heavy 6 gauge cable is pretty straight forward. Next I used a piece of hollow tubing that actually glows in the dark not that it matters. An alternative is the metal specialty straws that you can sometimes find at your local 7Eleven for Slurpies..
Take the tube/straw and run it through the firewall and use it as a "stent", now all your wires easily pass through the firewall and if you are using a drilled hole, it protects the wires from being cut on the sharp edges.
CB installed and glovebox is held closed using a zip tie for now. I'm debating on going through the trouble of fabricating a faceplate using sheet metal.