I bought an AEV lift after welding on my ORE brackets and installing a hydro assist. Of course I bought the premium kit so I could get the high steer thing going. I put in the lift first as I was on the clock and figured it would take a bit to get the high steer worked out. I really didn't like the idea of drilling out the steering knuckle and put off doing it. Finally I climbed under there and discovered that I had a lot to deal with between the high steer, the hydro assist and the ORE brackets before even looking at the knuckle. Then I picked up the Reid Knuckles to avoid drilling out knuckle. The AEV bracket is a two piece setup that takes up a lot of space on the axle and there was little for me to like so I decided to try Poly Performance's. As I had the assist and the bracket that came with that didn't seem even close to workable, I ordered the assist bracket as well. I went ahead and yanked the axle as I was going to sleeve and gussett it anyways. Of course nothing worked together so here's what I did:
I first bolted on the new trackbar bracket. I only used the U-bolt and put the bolts in just to hold it lined up so I could lay a bead down. Don't bother giving me shit about the beads
they're ugly but I know they'll hold.
The Reid knuckles lift the tie rod 1 3/4" up so I adjusted Poly's hydro assist bracket to fit on the trackbar bracket 1 3/4" up as well. You can see I added an extra hole under the actual assist cylinder attaching tangs to better reinforce it. After looking at it, I could have ground and drilled the original bracket to do this as well although the metal didn't seem as solid as Poly's.
I later cut off the part on the driver's side that covered the upper control arm mount and the tang sticking up to the passenger's side of the trackbar bolt hole. I then welded the two brackets together. I also welded the brackets solidly to the axle.
I then fashioned a gussett at the back of the driver's side of the assist bracket.
I probably didn't need to, but you can see I ground off the lower passenger bolt just in case. The picture doesn't capture it well, but I have well over 1/2" of clearance between the bracket and tie rod at full turn with the stops ground 1/8" off.