Custom WindJammer Enclosure for 4DR. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 08-26-2015, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Custom WindJammer Enclosure for 4DR.

First off, this was not my original idea, and I wanna give credit to SaharaBlackNo1 from the other JK website. That being said, he was only the inspiration and my mods to the tonneau cover were completely original to me. Now, I've got myself a 4 dr unlimited rubicon. Because I've got a Dana 44 up front and a Dana 60 in the back I have to carry two 37" spares, (we'll cover that later). My cargo area with the doors off is perfect and that's where they sit/ stand. Because there is no room for the soft top the back passenger area is completely open. I used the wrap around wind jammer for the 2 dr jk and the tonneau cover to enclose the back of the jeep while leaving the cargo area completely open. I'll post the pics below.

Here's a list of what I used to get the job done.

1. Bestop Wrap Around Windjammer for the 2 Dr JK
2. Bestop Tonneau Cover for the 2 Dr JK, they zip together (NICE!)
3. Permatex Heavy Duty Headliner Adhesive, for the folded seams.
3. Line 24 Snaps for fastening the fabric in the cargo area around the wheel wells and bed.
4. Left over straps from some other items. For fastening the top of windjammer to the rear roll bar.

This took me about two weeks to complete and I was able to do it with minor assistance from a friend. He helped me with the marking of the material and where the folds would be.

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-28-2015, 06:21 PM
Wheeler

Garage

Cool setup you have there, I might be interested in doing something like that someday. Do you have any other pics of it?

2014 JKUR * Flame Red * 35's/2.5" lift * 10a bumpers * Trektop NX * many other miscellaneous mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode