Diabolicalinc Slipstream rear security enclosure - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 08-24-2015, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Diabolicalinc Slipstream rear security enclosure

I purchased the Diabolicalinc.com Slipstream after enjoying the quality of the Diabolicalinc.com lockable storage box. The Slipstream is a rear security enclosure with a sleek look and smooth lines. In my opinion the Slipstream is the most attractive looking rear security cover for a JKU on the market. The laser cut powder coated pieces hug the body lines wonderfully. The center section is completely removable making any trip to the hardware store less difficult. I was able to throw up a couple of full coolers on top of the security cover and the cover didnít flinch. The Slipstream can stay installed in all of jeeps different configurations i.e. No Top, Soft Top and Hard Top. This rear security cover is quite easy to use. The removable center is held in place with four pit pins, once pulled out the center is removed and is able to be stored vertically behind the rear seat using provisions installed on the cover. The installation brackets are very clean and tuck up behind components and out of the way. The Slipstream is easy to install and all the brackets mount using the factory D-ring locations and tailgate hardware locations.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Granite Guru

That looks really nice! Could you post a few pics with the lid open (website says it can tilt/hinge open and be removed completely?) and maybe the access areas that are up against the rear seat? From their website it sounds like you can lay the rear seat forward and access the cargo area from there?
post #3 of 10 Old 09-03-2015, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RkyMtnJK View Post
That looks really nice! Could you post a few pics with the lid open (website says it can tilt/hinge open and be removed completely?) and maybe the access areas that are up against the rear seat? From their website it sounds like you can lay the rear seat forward and access the cargo area from there?
Hey RkyMtnJK!
I will get some pics of the lid.
As for the rear divider openings, they didnt have that option completed when I bought this one. They told me about it but I didn't want to wait for that development to come out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 09-04-2015, 07:20 AM
Granite Guru

Thanks! How noisy is it when off road or on a rough road? Does the lid or anything else rattle real bad and make a lot of noise, thought i read that it uses pins to hold lid down, does it shut pretty tight using just the pins?
post #5 of 10 Old 09-07-2015, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RkyMtnJK View Post
Thanks! How noisy is it when off road or on a rough road? Does the lid or anything else rattle real bad and make a lot of noise, thought i read that it uses pins to hold lid down, does it shut pretty tight using just the pins?
It did rattle a bit after install, so I changed some things. The kit comes with weather stripping so the top sits on that. I added more pieces in the middle to put more tension on the lid and there fore the pins as well. The side panels would vibrate with the sub-woofer so I added some of that aluminium backed foam heater duct matting. (cheap mans dynomat). I used that in place of the foam tape they send you to go around the edges of the side panels. Rattling is now non existent. I am trying to upgrade my account so I can add more photos.
post #6 of 10 Old 09-09-2015, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

more pics of slipstream

First and second Picture is of the top in the stowed position.
Third picture is of the added weather striping to eliminate top vibration.
In the photo you can see that the very back top close out that goes across the tail gate is removed. You can have it stay in place or remove it. Two bolts and it is remove, and if you have the hard top on it is remove anyway.
Attached Images

post #7 of 10 Old 09-23-2015, 07:14 PM
Granite Guru

Thanks for the pics, wish it wasnt so expensive, but really nice looking setup!
post #8 of 10 Old 09-23-2015, 09:06 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Why is your plate delete so much better looking than mine ?

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #9 of 10 Old 09-24-2015, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmmns View Post
Why is your plate delete so much better looking than mine ?
The material was removed from my hood while doing my poison spider heat reduction. The ultra grey RTV needs to go. They need to make anaconda green RTV. How did you do yours? Now they Finally have those black plastic plugs, I need to get one
post #10 of 10 Old 09-26-2015, 08:55 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

That's what I have, got it from Mopar quite a few years back.. I don't care for the plastic plug, and its contoured so you cant really even put a sticker over it. Thought your looked much cleaner

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode