Overhead CB install on OR-Fab Sport Cage - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-19-2010, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Overhead CB install on OR-Fab Sport Cage

Finally found how I wanted to mount my CB on my OR-Fab sport cage. I ended up using a KC tube light mount to go around the tubing (1 3/4"). The package is shown in the pictures. I screwed the CB mount into the KC mount by using three self tapping screws into the plastic mount. Two would have been enough, did the third for a little overkill (never hurts?).

The mic is wired with an extension on it. I used some extra twisted BMW airbag harness I had to help isolate the wires from interference. Haven't used it yet to say how well the mic is working with the extension or not. I did that so the coiled mic wiring isn't flopping around all the time. I got the male and female 4-pin mic connectors from Radio Shack. The female is in the pop-off plastic panel below the glove box.

Anyway the wiring is extremely temporary. I need to run power up to it, as well as the coax. The mic mount is going to go next to the stereo (similar to a 'Toad mount'). Then that will be done.

Don't sweat me on the painting of the cage, thats still from installing it...I'll get around to it!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-19-2010, 06:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Looks good man

the cable i used for the extension was no bueno..... lots of feedback so ill source a good sheilded cable and try again

www.jeepasylum.com
post #3 of 4 Old 04-19-2010, 06:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice!

Vidi, vici, veni

2008 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-19-2010, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
Looks good man

the cable i used for the extension was no bueno..... lots of feedback so ill source a good sheilded cable and try again
Yea I have a feeling that might happen. Will have to see maybe tomorrow and check it against my buddy's radio. My HID ballast for my windshield lights is up near the wipers on the other side of the glass, may get interference there on night runs....will suck, but I'll have to come up with another plan if that is the case!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode