Now for the attachment means. I wanted the front to look as clean as possible so this is how I went about it. I cut holes in the front for the D-ring attachments to protrude.
I cut 1/4" plate, drill pressed, and tapped the holes for the attachment studs. I threaded 3/4"bolts through the plates and torched the heads off of the bolts. I welded the bolts on both sides of the plate. On the jobsite, we had a piece of 3/4" steel covering a hole, so I naturally appropiated it for a nobler cause. I cut them with an acetyline torch and grinded them smooth. Sticked them on to the 1/4" plate and vi-ola
Put the D-ring tab through the hole I cut, and stick welded it solid.
I had a Rugged Ridge skid plate http://www.quadratec.com/products/12052_1000_07.htm
that I decided to incorporate into the design. With the plate and bumper in place, I measured another 3/16" plate to tie the two together.
I had a welder on the job give me some DOM tubing and I took it to his shop and bent it for my hoop. I took some steel and made some bracket for KC lights and welded them onto the bumper where I wanted it. I don't have any pics of these parts of the build, but I put on the lower tie-in piece and side angle pieces and got to grinding all the welds.
After all grinding and sanding, I shot it with the magical Duplicolor Spray on Bedliner so when I chip it, I can touch it up myself. With my 4 attachment points, and the Rugged Ridge plate, I have 10 points of attachment now Here are some pics of it at Rausch.
Had a great time building it, got real sick of looking at it off of the Jeep, and after 70 hours of work, once it was on, it was totally worth it. And no, I won't build one for you