JKU Rear security box with lockable drawer - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-29-2015, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Diabolicalinc JKU Rear security box with lockable drawer

I am very happy with my new Diabolicalinc.com, JKU rear lockable storage box that I needed to share the info.

Let me start with the reasons I chose the Diabolical box over the industry favs… Smittybilt and Tuffy:

1. Weight – It’s a 70lb aluminum box instead of a 100+ lb steel one.
2. Design - This is a drawer style box measuring in at 34X26X12 with a true drawer height of 9.75. It can be mounted in any vehicle (space provided) with no drilling required! The drawer is completely enclosed in the box with factory installed mounting attach points. Nutserts have been used around the perimeter of the box allowing multiple options for mounting.

Included with the box, for no additional charge, were four removable dividers and a top rail for each side. If needed, the rails can be used to tie down equipment set on top of the box. Another cool feature is the hinged top cover on the storage drawer. This came in handy for making lunches on the trail. No expensive tailgate table needed here! The top also keeps things from shifting so nothing jams up the drawer while wheeling.

The box came fully assembled with a flat black powder coat finish as well as the brackets. The front mounts utilize the pre-installed nutserts on the box to attach the bracket and then the bracket attaches to the back seat mount posts on the floor. The passenger side of the box, using the angle bracket, attach to the subwoofer’s front floor mounts. Driver side of the box, using the bracket, mounts to the D-ring on the floor near the tailgate latch. Moving the box is made easier by the carrying handles found on each side.

Last weekend’s Rubicon trip was the box’s maiden voyage. Total contents of the drawer weighed in at 130lbs and everything worked perfectly. The next trip will probably be closer to 170lbs now that I know I can stuff more crap in there. Everything was at my fingertips without having to do a complete gear dump. The hassle of finding some tape or that bottle of brake clean is a distant memory.

I am excited that wheeling season is upon us so I can really put this Diabolical box to good use.
Attachment 221498

Attachment 221506

Attachment 221514
Attached Images

Last edited by Erick; 09-09-2015 at 07:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-15-2015, 02:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

That's a nice box. I put the Mac's black box in mine. It sits to the top of the tub in the back and has a sliding cover like yours. Keeps the pile under control.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-09-2015, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

More pics of box

August 2015 Rubicon trip. Box came in handy when one rig broke a brake line. I always carry a spare and I didn't need to unpack the whole jeep to get to it.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode