LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-23-2010, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
HARD TOP LIFT for $130

Bought one of these:

About $130 from Amazon.com
type in: Racor PHL-1R Pro HeavyLift 4-by-4-Foot Cable-Lifted Storage Rack

ADDED HEAVY DUTY TIE DOWN STRAPS (2) and some towels to protect the bolts from scratching the top.

COMPANY INSTALLATION VIDEO

Looks great installed:

I've been pleased with it. I've taken the top off several times already. It was easier than making something like it on my own and I think just as cheap. It looks better than what I could make too! I store the Soft Top on it the rest of the time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-24-2010, 06:45 AM
Wheeler

I got one too, it should be coming in soon. I am going to do the straps a little different though, I was going to get some padded hooks to use instead of doing the straps through the hard top like you.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-25-2010, 04:50 AM
Wheeler

Looks good. I used a 60 dollar winch from Harbor Freight, some uni-strut, some al angle with holes for the ceiling, chain, then made a wood platform that hangs on the chain to store the top.

I probably spent that much overall including hardware and whatnot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-25-2010, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

thanks, i thought about using little electric winch from Habor Freight and welding up some angle iron to lift it all but decided it'll cost about the same and be easier (and more finished looking) by going this route...

Also for padded or non-padded hooks I would be careful when backing the Jeep out away from the top or back under the top. I usually bump the top a little because it take a bit of work to line it up. I like that even a little bump the top stays put with the metal rack. With hooks they may shift more with a bump, but it may work and should be quicker to hook it up rather than feeding the straps through.

|
|
post #5 of 8 Old 04-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Rock God

yea i posted about this somewhere, anyway, costco has it for $100
post #6 of 8 Old 07-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Granite Guru

Just ordered this hoist off Amazon. Great write-up, thanks!

Jason West -
|

'16 JKUR HardRock, Granite Crystal, RE/Synergy 3.5", 37s, the new project
'09 JKUR, RE 3.5", 37" MT/R-Ks, Expedition One bumpers, TNT Customs armor. SOLD.
'95 XJ lifted and locked on 35s.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-10-2010, 03:29 PM

Do you have a picture of the top hanging? I was wondering what kind of clearance you got from the top of the hard top to the ceiling.
post #8 of 8 Old 09-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Granite Guru

Thumbs up

Got mine installed and used it to pull the top off over Labor Day weekend. I ran my straps a bit different though. I sure wish the ceiling in my garage was as high as IndianaJeep's!

IMG_7856 by jeepinjason, on Flickr

IMG_7857 by jeepinjason, on Flickr

IMG_7858 by jeepinjason, on Flickr

IMG_7860 by jeepinjason, on Flickr

Jason West -
|

'16 JKUR HardRock, Granite Crystal, RE/Synergy 3.5", 37s, the new project
'09 JKUR, RE 3.5", 37" MT/R-Ks, Expedition One bumpers, TNT Customs armor. SOLD.
'95 XJ lifted and locked on 35s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode