JKOwners Forum banner

Or-Fab and Poly performance cage install

14K views 34 replies 10 participants last post by  vandegrift 
#1 ·
I wanted a full cage in my Jeep and really liked the Or-Fab design but they currently do not have a rear cage for the 2 door. A lot of my time jeepin is with my 2 kids in the back so I really wanted full cage protection. I bought a Poly Performance weld in kit for the rear and hoped for the best when trying to install them both together. The Poly kit was well thought out, all the pieces were marked and it welded in place without any modifications at all. I did cut the rockhard harness belt mount from behind my seats and re welded it to the diagonal supports on the poly kit.

Because I thought I might be welding to the Or-Fab kit and I knew I would be bed lining the whole cage I ordered my Or-Fab kit in bare steel. The kit came packaged really well, just like my tire carrier it was completely entombed in this spray expanding foam stuff.

The Or-Fab instructions go into great detail telling you how to remove your hard or soft top, sound bar, plastic trim and sun visors. Pretty basic to take all these off but you will more than likely destroy some of the Christmas tree retaining clips.

Next I measured the distance from the tabs where the top latches to the windshield back to the metal cross bar under the sound bar. You will need to write down these measurements on the driver and passenger sides, so that when you’re finished you can ensure that the windshield is in the correct location.
Next I removed the bars directly above both door openings. Make sure that you disconnect the satellite antenna

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.