Rubicon express high steer set up - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 10-13-2014, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Rubicon express high steer set up

Installed this kit beginning of the week, pretty hesitant on this kit there is not much out there on this set up, let alone RE cant even answer some questions I had. I will say it's a pain in the ass, but its worth it. Havnt taken it wheeling sense I put this on. Couple weeks ago I broke my track bar bracket on a trail and re-welded it up. I do have a Artec TB bracket, but the welds that are on there now seem to be fine for now. This kit did come with a raised track bar bracket, So I just installed the one that came with it for now and will hold off on the Artec one for the time being OR until it breaks again.

I got a killer deal on it from a local shop. The install is straight forward. Like I said it's a pain. You only have to drill two holes for 2 bolts to go in the rest bolts on to stock locations. The drag link is beefy solid chromo. TRE is a moog greesable end. The only issue I really ran into was the TRE adaptor in the knuckle. You have to drill a 7/8 into the knuckle much like the evo kit. So the TRE RE sent is short and I ended up having a little playing and the bottom of the knuckle on the castle nut! BUT I just so happen to have a EVO TRE adaptor! Swapped them out problem solved! Big improvement for the steering and front end over all! If you get this kit have a little time to throw it in! Took me 5 hours start to finish! Plus beer and taco breaks!

Install notes,
Count how many rotations it takes to take the stock drag link out, that will help when putting in the new one, unlike me I lost count and said screw it, which took even more time.

Try and have a second body around to help, I had to break everything down Barney style for the wife to help with the steering adjustments.

Before the install I called RE for a tech question on a few pieces and their customer service is a joke. The guy just agreed with my questions so I was like I figure it out myself!

OIF

Last edited by JeepnPokey; 11-27-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode