Dominion Offroad (Woods/JeepSWAG) High Clearnance Exhaust / Super 44 OR Install - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-24-2010, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Dominion Offroad (Woods) High Clearnance Exhaust / Super 44OR Install with Audio

Decided to switch out exhausts. I had decided long ago to do the Woods exhaust relo but just never got around to it. Finally decided to pull the trigger but I decided on using a muffler of my choice. After talking with Brett I made sure I had the right muffler part # and I was set.

Here is the kit and the Flowmaster Super 44 I decided to use (part #942548OR)

Contents:
Replacement tail section
Sway bar spacers w/bolts
Muffler clamps
Street tip
Offroad tip

First things first - relocate your evap. can. If you've done it, this install is easy. If you haven't (like me) do it! I won't go into details, there are already write ups for that one.

Next, pull that old muffler off. There really is no easy way to undo the hangars (that I've found) but WD40 and flat head screwdrivers seem to do the trick for me.

Now drop the sway bar. Undo the 4 factory 16mm bolts, place the provided spacer in between frame and sway bar and bolt in place with the new bolts. (Forgot to take pictures here.) Lowering the sway bar allows the new exhaust to be routed over top of it to provide clearance.

With that done you're ready to cut off the old exhaust. The trickiest part here is marking the exhaust to make your cut. Make a line 1/2" from the edge of the cross-member towards the front of the Jeep. Now, measure back, from the line you just made, 4" towards the rear of the Jeep for your cut. In the picture, the line on the right is the first line you make and the line on the left is the second line, which is where you make your cut.

Time to cut. I grabbed my sawzall and started choppin'. You could use a pipe cutter, hacksaw, sawzall, whichever. You can cut it while it's on the Jeep or take it off, it's up to you. I left it on.

Old exhaust and new exhaust. Big difference. The end of the stock exhaust in the picture still has part of my old Gibson on it so yours won't look quite like that.

With the cut now done put your new muffler and tail section in place. I routed the pipe over the sway bar and put the hangars on to keep in place. Slide a muffler clamp over the stock exhaust and the new tail section and put the new muffler in place.

Start to tighten down the stock side clamp first. The bolts and nuts are 14mm. You want to give the muffler about 1/2" of space between it and the tub. Now adjust the new tail section so that there is about 1/2" of space between it and the cross-member. Tighten down the clamp on that side. Make any final adjustments that you need and tighten down both clamps to 75 ft. lbs.

Finished! This is an easy install and worth the $$ when compared to other systems out there. That, and Brett is a hell of a guy to deal with which makes it that much more worth while.

Some pictures of the street tip:

Off-road tip:

This is, technically, the 4th exhaust I've had on my Jeep if you count stock and running it with no muffler. I also had the Gibson single exit. The Super 44 OR probably has the best sound but is not as noisy as the Gibson or no muffler (though I kind of liked the no muffler). It's the most consistent sound and I'm happy I went with this one. I took some audio of each so you could hear for yourself.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Gibson.zip (183.9 KB, 274 views)
File Type: zip No Muffler.zip (153.7 KB, 224 views)
File Type: zip Woods Flowmaster.zip (145.3 KB, 358 views)

Last edited by riverzendz; 02-04-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-24-2010, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Oh and one last picture. This was the patient.

post #3 of 7 Old 01-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Wheeler

Nice job. I installed the same kit a few months ago and love it. I did use the 14" muffler that Woods offers and I think it sounds great but would recommend the 18" if you like a little less exhaust note. This kit tucks up out of the way probably better than any other I've seen. Also the best way to remove the hangers is a little WD40 and a prybar(saw it done on the Flowmaster site).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Granite Guru

Looks great. I found spray wax works the best to remove hangers.if I didn't already have the cooltech kit, I definitely wouldve gotten one from Brett. He is great to deal with. I can't wait until he finalizes his trail tools/parts kit.

Last edited by bly109; 01-25-2010 at 02:20 PM.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Wheeler

Sound clip???
post #6 of 7 Old 09-04-2010, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
Sound clip???
There are 3 above.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Rock God

Garage

Subscribing so I can listen to the sound clips at home.

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode