Morimoto Sealed7 True Bi-Xenon Kit. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 90 Old 05-19-2014, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Morimoto Sealed7 True Bi-Xenon Kit.

Lighting, especially headlights, has been a quietly frustrating experience for most of us. Some have gone with inexpensive halogen housing upgrades and called it good, others have dropped HID kits into halogen OEM housings hoping for better lighting. If you had the cash to spare, LED drop in or Bi-Xenon retrofits were available, but very expensive and posed some inconvenience with anti flicker harnesses or full blown isolation harnesses and ballasts. I have been weighing my options for while and had pretty much made up my mind about going with a true Bi-Xenon setup. I'm not saying this kit is inexpensive (it's not) or that it just plugs right in (it doesn't). What I can say is that when you buy this kit, it comes with everything you need and great instructions for assembly while allowing the installer to retain the OEM lights if they decide they want to keep this kit for another vehicle.

I decided this was the avenue to pursue after driving my Wife's vehicle which is equipped with this style of light and have been thoroughly impressed by the fact that it always outshines the halogens on the vehicle in front of us without blinding anyone. I was hording stock headlight assemblies to retrofit until this kit came along. I have one in my possession and will be doing an install review on here in the coming week or two. Even though this is a complete kit, this does require some minor skills such as trimming plastic and various other manipulation of materials and adhesives and some understanding of wiring so the harness makes sense. The novice could easily handle this kit with a few questions.

Here is a sneak peek of where I am with the build.

These should have outstanding light output, I opted for 50W setup. More pictures to come including comparison shots with KC and Truck-Lite Gen 2 outputs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.

Last edited by JKCTAZ; 05-20-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 90 Old 05-20-2014, 09:16 AM
JTG
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to JTG

I kind of regret not going with the 50W setup Not that I'm lacking light but more is always better...
post #3 of 90 Old 05-20-2014, 09:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Looking forward to this

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 90 Old 05-20-2014, 09:35 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

My JK's stock headlights don't suck, they're stealth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #5 of 90 Old 05-20-2014, 02:33 PM
Wheeler

Subscribed! Can't wait to see the updates!
post #6 of 90 Old 05-20-2014, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Took all of the components out to the garage tonight for a test fire to make sure it all works before I install it this weekend. Holy shit, this will be a mod I won't regret. The light was so white and even I think you could honestly drive with just one. The quality is great, the ballasts were faster than anything i've used besides my Wife's CX-5, but those are Denso ballasts which is not a surprise. Cannot wait to see these installed.

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
post #7 of 90 Old 05-23-2014, 05:19 AM
JKowners Vendor

Edited out - my apologies.

w:
e:
p: 716.662.3479

IG:

post #8 of 90 Old 05-23-2014, 06:21 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIDprojectors View Post
We have a solution that doesn't require any mods to your JK.

Two options are available:

1) Build them yourself - you can save a considerable amount of money if you reuse your stock lenses and do the work yourself. Here's a link with more info:

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163777

2) Buy a set ready to install - these are built by us, shipped to you ready to go with any custom mods that you'd like. http://hidprojectors.com/product.php?type=1

Here are a couple of customer pics to show what can be done:
Dude whats with the spamming?

post #9 of 90 Old 05-23-2014, 09:39 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Dude whats with the spamming?
Is this considered spam? Simply stating that we have a product too. If so, I'll gladly edit/remove the post.

w:
e:

IG:

post #10 of 90 Old 05-23-2014, 09:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Is this considered spam? Simply stating that we have a product too. If so, I'll gladly edit/remove the post.
The OP isnt selling a product nor is he asking for input on what kits are out there. He has chosen a particular kit and is trying to share his experiences of it. Your post comes off as a complete derail to just promote your product.

post #11 of 90 Old 05-23-2014, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Yeah, your post with the picture bomb is a bit much, Tom. A simple "Hey, we offer a kit like that too, check it out - insert link here -!" would have been barely okay, considering this is my review of a competing product.

Quote:
post #12 of 90 Old 05-23-2014, 11:35 AM
JKowners Vendor

Understood guys, thanks for the feedback - deleted the post. My apologies.

w:
e:

IG:

post #13 of 90 Old 05-23-2014, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Understood guys, thanks for the feedback - deleted the post. My apologies.
Thank you, Tom, for being mindful of my thread.

Back to topic.

I got the shrouds finished and this is what they'll look like...

I did get the lenses baked on last night, however, I had a major issue with one of the two housings. They use a brass nutsert that is anchored into the housing to fasten the projector into the bucket. When I was pressing the second lens into that housing, the brass nutserts on one side came apart (cheap brass apparently) so now I have to bake the housing apart again and remove the shroud (epoxy'd) to inspect the damage and decide if I want to bypass the factory nutserts and just bolt the projector into the bucket or see about a replacement from TRS. Someone else on their forum indicated this had happened to them as well, so I am a little concerned about that portion of this assembly. Keep in mind that this is a NEW product and design, so I knew I could have problems being a Beta.

When I have a moment, i'll upload a picture on the one finished unit.

Quote:
post #14 of 90 Old 05-23-2014, 05:22 PM
Rock God

I have been looking at them scene they came out . I was under the impression they where pre assembled .
post #15 of 90 Old 05-23-2014, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapcola View Post
I have been looking at them scene they came out . I was under the impression they where pre assembled .
They assemble the projector/housing in house and ship the shrouds and lenses loose for final assembly.

Quote:
post #16 of 90 Old 05-23-2014, 06:02 PM
Rock God

Got it , Did you get the 55w ballast with the 6000 bulbs and did you do any upgrades ?
post #17 of 90 Old 05-23-2014, 06:30 PM
Granite Guru

Not that I'd attempt a DIY with headlights, but these do look good. Looking forward to some good night shots in opne space and a wall.

2014 JKUR White+white+white
post #18 of 90 Old 05-24-2014, 07:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Whats the cost on a kit?

post #19 of 90 Old 05-24-2014, 08:21 AM
Wheeler

The space behind the passenger-side headlamp sure was tight with the wire loom and power steering reservoir. What a pain it was to get everything through there.

The shrouds look good JKCTAZ!
post #20 of 90 Old 05-28-2014, 02:52 PM
Rock God

What happened with this ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

SYNERGY, FOX,VKS,HUTCHINSON,
post #21 of 90 Old 05-29-2014, 07:29 AM
Wheeler

Likely enjoying the much improved lighting (over stock) like me!
post #22 of 90 Old 05-29-2014, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

TRS (as well as myself) have been having an issue with their housings. Mainly nutserts. They are sending me two new housings to address the concern. Customer service at TRS is albeit a little lethargic at times VERY good! So far I have been treated well and cannot complain. I knew when I agreed to do this setup that I would be Beta testing for them for a reasonable price. They should be installed in around two weeks.
JK in SC likes this.

Quote:
post #23 of 90 Old 06-28-2014, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

I know this one died on the vine for a while, but, i'm back and this is done! They turned out great and I am pleased with the output. Without further delay, the build.

Testing the solenoid on the new S7 projector.

The old housing had brass nutserts, the new housing has #8-32 SS hardware with nyloc nuts to bolt them in for positive installation with no chance of the projector coming loose due to vibration and heat. I had to further modify the shroud to fit over the new hardware.

Completed assemblies, turned out nice.

During the install, the power steering resevoir becomes your worst enemy because of the cap and grommet that the S7 employs to keep water out of the assembly. It protrudes back into the factory bucket quite a few inches. I found that if you space the reservoir bracket with a few washers, everything clears and the install can proceed without any custom brackets.

Another part of the install that proved to be a challenge was finding a good place to locate the CanBus compliant control harness which includes the micro relay box and a couple of load resitors in massive heatsink boxes. They get hot so mounting location was critical. This was the best place.

Got them powered up and running.

Turned out great, love the way I tied them in with wheel and body colored shrouds.

Still need to get the non U.S. spec horizontal adjustment screws so I can adjust the step distance.

These pretty much negate my Rigid lights. Low beam, didn't think to take a high beam shot.

Love the color flicker! Lots of blues and purples.

Quote:

Last edited by JKCTAZ; 06-28-2014 at 11:44 PM.
post #24 of 90 Old 06-29-2014, 09:57 AM
Wheeler

Awesome turn out! I'm thinking of switching to those or rebuilding my current projector setup I got from hidpeojectors.
post #25 of 90 Old 06-29-2014, 08:23 PM
Rock God

what set up did you go with again ? did you go with the 55w 6000 ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode