TNT Guardian Front Bumper Install - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 04-08-2014, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

TNT Guardian Front Bumper Install

My bumper just arrived from TNT which will give the JK a better approach angle when trying to tackle large object head on.

Here are a few pictures of the initial install:

After removal of your front bumper you will need to cut out the cross member from the frame. Plasma cutter will make short work of this.

After removing the cross member you will need to remove your sway bar and reuse the bolts to install the supplied template to use as a guide to mark and cut the frame.

Here are the supplied templates:

After I cut the Frame I test fit the bumper and here are pict of what it will look like installed

I will continue to post up as I go along with the install.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-08-2014, 02:16 PM
It never ends...

Nice! I like their new logo too. You will like this bumper.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

I love Wheeling, it frees the mind
T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Adventures of Rex Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old 04-08-2014, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHandRubi View Post
Nice! I like their new logo too. You will like this bumper.

Yeah I really like the bumper! It was time for a change, it will complement my comp cut and stretch I am doing....lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 04-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Rock God

Love the bumper. Just curious about the winch, is there room?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

"Government is not the solution, it is the problem."
"We are never defeated unless we give up on GOD."
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
Ronald Reagan
Life is 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you respond.
post #5 of 12 Old 04-08-2014, 10:42 PM
Rock God

Found the website. Looks like they recess it down in-between the frame. Looks functional. The crossmember that is removed, what takes it's place? The bumper itself?

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
Ronald Reagan
post #6 of 12 Old 04-09-2014, 05:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWranglerNation View Post
Can't tell what type of winch.. thou it's a slimline and low profile add-on.. and that is an good question @Mac7 there doesn't appear to be enough room for certain brands.. I've even seen in other forums.. Jeepers are having to cut away the lower portion of the grille just to get their taller winches installed.
In the picture that is a Warn VR 10,000 I am now looking at mounting the solenoid in another place other that the mount that they provide. You cant use winches with integrated solenoid's on this bumper. I had a Warn 9.5 CTI and removed it to install this winch. The only way it would install would be cut your grille to allow room for the solenoid.
post #7 of 12 Old 04-09-2014, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC7 View Post
Found the website. Looks like they recess it down in-between the frame. Looks functional. The crossmember that is removed, what takes it's place? The bumper itself?

The bumper itself will take place of the crossmember, It does go full length from frame to frame and fits tight to the frame. The underside actually goes all the way past the sway bar mounting location to add more rigidity back to the frame. I will be capping the end of the frame and also weld sleeves in the mounting locations for the bumper.
post #8 of 12 Old 04-09-2014, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC7 View Post
Love the bumper. Just curious about the winch, is there room?

Yeah there is room for a winch that doesn't have an integrated solenoid. In the pictures I am running a Warn VR 10,000
post #9 of 12 Old 04-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Rock God

Thanks for all the replies. Love the bumper, it is a perfect fit.

Ronald Reagan
post #10 of 12 Old 04-09-2014, 12:59 PM
It never ends...

Regarding winches: a lot of us with this bumper run a warn 9.5xp type. I've seen the selenoid mounted on top, in the engine compartment, or under one of the front seats. I like on top the winch or under the seat for convenience of using a wireless or wired remote (redundancy).

T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
post #11 of 12 Old 04-10-2014, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHandRubi View Post
Regarding winches: a lot of us with this bumper run a warn 9.5xp type. I've seen the selenoid mounted on top, in the engine compartment, or under one of the front seats. I like on top the winch or under the seat for convenience of using a wireless or wired remote (redundancy).

Yeah I am digging the bumper, I am still looking at where I need to mount the solenoid. I think I am going to go in the engine department.
post #12 of 12 Old 04-10-2014, 05:54 AM
It never ends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatchick View Post
Yeah I am digging the bumper, I am still looking at where I need to mount the solenoid. I think I am going to go in the engine department.

I just moved my solenoid from the engine compartment to the top of the winch. I had to replace it--it got trashed being in the engine compartment. Three years of too much mud, water, heat corroded the coils. The other issue that came up was the wireless remote failed. It was a hassle to connect the wired winch controller then.

The new warn solenoids are solid state, so that should help if you put it in the engine compartment. The new wireless remotes are super easy to hook up. If you put it in the compartment pick a spot really easy to reach with the wired controller.

T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode