New KC HiLiTES LED's against it's competitors - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 01-19-2014, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

New KC HiLiTES LED's against it's competitors

Since I had to pull my KC HiLiTES 7" H4 upgrades to do new install, I only did the KC HiLiTES LED's against IPF's and Trucklites (Gen 2 newest model). In the next week or so I will do a competition again stock and the KC H4 upgrades.

From left to right

Trucklites, IPF's, KC HiLiTES LED's

Trucklites against KC HiLiTES LED's

(Low beam)

(High beam)

IPF's against KC HiLiTES LED's

(Low beam)

(High beam)

Rigid Industries against KC HiLiTES LED's

Dually's

50" SR Series

10" SR Series

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-19-2014, 10:15 AM
Granite Guru

Very interesting. The KC's and Trucklites look very similar but yet the light output of the KC's are much better in your pictures.
post #3 of 12 Old 01-19-2014, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Ya they are a lot brighter than the trucklites
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 01-20-2014, 01:35 AM
Wheeler

After all I read about the truklights (all good) that is why I purchased them.

Why is it after I purchase them I find out about the "Problems" I pointed them out along with two others NO ONE ELSE said a thing.

Can we get a non bias product report?

These lights are not what they are said to be.
I got them and installed them Friday, but I had a little different experience.

1) There is a "V" emitting out of each light and is projected in front of my Jeep while driving on low beam. I am not sure I like it. Its a little distracting to me.

2) Low beam was not so impressive with the "light up the night" setting. I was rather disappointed with it.

On the other hand "HIGH" beam on was very impressive and more than what I expected.

3) I lost the head light on light showing on the dash. Use to be there when I turned on the lights it would show up in the dash. No more with these. Do I really miss it?
I would say yes. I would like it to go on when the lights go on for the reason it was on in the first place. Because my lights are on its a warning.
post #5 of 12 Old 01-20-2014, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Maybe I'm a little confused, but my posting is about the new KC HiLiTES LED headlights not Trucklites. Pics above are showing how the KCs against competitors, KC wins hands down
post #6 of 12 Old 01-20-2014, 02:44 PM
Wheeler

New KC HiLiTES LED's against it's competitors
Since I had to pull my KC HiLiTES 7" H4 upgrades to do new install, I only did the KC HiLiTES LED's against IPF's and Trucklites (Gen 2 newest model). In the next week or so I will do a competition again stock and the KC H4 upgrades.

From left to right

Trucklites, IPF's, KC HiLiTES LED's

No need to be confused I will remind you that you were the one that wrote the above statment! I am sure it says Trucklights were in the mix of testing.

That was one of the "competitors" am I mistaken?

I am just commenting on that statment.

Last edited by OverFueled; 01-22-2014 at 02:39 PM. Reason: grammer
post #7 of 12 Old 01-20-2014, 03:04 PM
JKowners Vendor

I'd still take projection hids......not impressed so far with the available LED's

Dealer for: MoTech, Atlas, Dynatrac, Rock Krawler, ORO, Currie, Poison Spyder, Bilstein, Fox, SWAY-A-WAY, Ridid, Adams and Tom Woods DS's. And much more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 12 Old 01-24-2014, 05:19 AM
Wheeler

From your comparison pictures above, the KC's look like it has a little bit of over throw of light above the cutoff. Do you think that might effect oncoming traffic or into the rear of a car in front? It's somewhat hard to tell since you're comparing so close to the other lights also. I am swaying more towards these KC's now.
post #9 of 12 Old 02-01-2014, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Ok guys here are some pics from the drivers seat tonight. The photos behind Lexus look like I am really close but I just have camera zoomed in before light turned green. You will see in that photo that I have my lights angled down so I don't burn scalps and blind people from reflection from rear view (we've all been there)

Low Beams:

High Beams:

post #10 of 12 Old 02-01-2014, 06:13 PM
JKO Addict!

What are the camera settings for each image? ISO, Shutter, F-stop...these need to all be the same to really compare lights through just pictures. I can make a Harbor Freight flashlight look like the Bat Signal if I drop down the shutter enough.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #11 of 12 Old 02-01-2014, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Every photo is done on a Canon Powershot SD1300 IS. All photos are just using the standard auto setting (power on take pic). Wifes camera so I don't mess with the setting.
post #12 of 12 Old 02-03-2014, 07:09 AM
Rock God

Hey goody....I've been running my Trucklites since they hit the market. Flickering and low beam V hasn't bothered me much as they're such an improvement over stock. That being said, parking next to HSKR for the headlight comparison I was impressed with the low beam output and pattern on the KC's. High beams are pretty comparable. Hope that helps in lieu of a bunch of technical stuff

2010 JK Rubicon- meh 2dr sold
2012 JKU Rubicon- bored sold
2015 JKU Rubicon- 3rd times a charm?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode