550 Cord Handles - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 12-28-2013, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
550 Cord Handles

Its been posted on here hundreds of times but I figured I would post mine. I got bored last night and got after weaving some 550 cord grab handles for the JK. Made them about 12" long and built loops into each end. The rear bolt into the sound bar and the front are help by a double loop in the back and bolt into the visor in the front. Plan on adding more as I get more 550 cord cause I will be doing the door handles and dash bar.

Enjoy
JD

THE VERY BEST IN OFFROAD PARTS!!!
Jason
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 JKU Sahara that is a constant work in progress

Last edited by EODtech; 04-30-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Granite Guru

Nice, I have had a couple sets on mine so far. I also wrapped all the door handles, made some zipper pulls and a cargo net in the back. Great stuff!

post #3 of 5 Old 02-09-2014, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

That is intriguing. How did you get the door handles like that and how did you make the cargo netting. I need that for under the back seat.

THE VERY BEST IN OFFROAD PARTS!!!
Jason
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 JKU Sahara that is a constant work in progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-09-2014, 09:23 PM
Granite Guru

It works great to keep the dog/cargo in the back. I pack the back pretty full against this thing and it doesn't budge! I used the S-biners and rope tighteners so I could remove it anytime I wanted. You can just tie it on the rollbar or whatever you want if you aren't going to remove it. The first one I tied one was not removable, it stayed on the Jeep for over a year with no problems. Just looped some 550 cord around the rollbar and hooked a Nite Ize metal s-biner on then hooked the other end of the S-biner on a loop in the middle of another string of 550 cord about 10' long. It took 8 loops around the rollbar and 8 hooks and 8 ten foot pieces of 550 cord. Then just start tying square knots every couple inches with the cords that are beside each other. Doesn't take much to figure it out. Connected the bottom to the car seat restraint loops with 4 Nite Ize rope tightener.

Last edited by Gojo03; 02-09-2014 at 10:15 PM.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-09-2014, 10:13 PM
Granite Guru

I'm not around my Jeep right now so I'll try to show you on my bed frame. From the back side of your handle put the tail on one side and make a loop on the other side. Tape helps here. Back at the tail side and start wrapping the cord around back towards the loop. When you reach the loop and have all the wraps you want, put the end through the loop. Keep the wraps tight and even. All you have to do now is pull the original tail and make sure the end going through the loop goes under a couple wraps. Some of the handles aren't flat on the back side but you can find a spot that will keep it tight. Last, just cut and burn the ends. Just be careful with the flame. I use a little butane jet lighter. It is pretty precise. Here are some pics of the sequence. Hope this helps!

Here is the front side
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode