First of all, I have to say that this is a great mod that is inexpensive (under $100) and actually provides some insurance in regards to not having to ever deal with a damaged OEM license plate bracket being damaged.
With that said, the entire install should take you less than 1 hr with simple hand tools and some electrical goodies. Mine took a bit longer as I wanted to hide the wiring for the ORO LED lights since I have a swing out tire carrier (Smittybilt XRC bumper).
I would also like to giver props to eMetal who inspired me on how to run the wiriing through my bumper. The original consensus was to thread a string through the carrier and then use a hair dryer to blow it through to the other end at which time I could tie the end of the string to the wiring and then pull it through. The problem I ran into was that the tubing was completely sealed up and I didn't want to have to drill some huge holes in it just for the install.
I've got a bunch of photos of taking off the OEM license plate bracket but forgot to upload them so I'll do that later for anyone who is interested. It's really just 4 small bolts and a quick tug to get it off. I ended up purchasing the MOPAR license plate bracket filler plug for $13 from my local dealer. The part number is 55397112AA
(thanks to Redneckjeep who posted it in another thread a long while back). The hardest part was removing two screw inserts from some holes where the plug fits in. Once those are out, you just pop the plug in.
Here is where I started the Rock Hard relocation bracket install....
What I ended up doing was drilling a couple 5/16" or so holes, one directly below where the wiring ran down where the tire mounts and then another at the end of the swing arm right before where the hinge pin is located.
I used some kite string from one of my kids broken kites as it is a lightweight thread. I then taped a small piece of electrical tape to one end to give it just a tad bit more weight and then threaded it through the first hole. Using my shop vac, I sucked the sting through the other hole. Now mind you, this was simpler said than done. It took me at least a half an hour to do this! Once I did get the string through the other end, I simply taped the end of the ORO wiring to the sting and pulled it all through.