Usefully company. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Usefully company.

When building my OBA system I searched for a air block and came across this company. Got a 7 port anodized black aluminum manifold for $20 shipped. Anyone looking to do any water or air setups should check this place out. They will also custom make stuff.

http://www.pneumadyne.com/aluminum-p...manifolds.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 03:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice. I got a 7 port (1 in and 6 out) and don't need all those outputs. I had to plug one of them. Might find a use later, but doubtful. I have about all I can use now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

My set up:

Supply from compressor, you can't see it but on opposite end is a "T" fitting (hidden behind the plastic) that provides air hose feed to front bumper and twin 2.5 gallon tanks. The black hose you see was removed and the plug on the left side was removed and both replaced with ARB Solenoids, White line is for PSI gauge in the cab, quick disconnect is for secondary PSI gauge or air hook up for a buddy, and one plug in the extra port.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 04:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I guess I would've needed all my ports, too, if I'd kept the ARB solenoids, but I yanked them in favor of manual air toggle valves.

Quote:

post #5 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 04:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

So, how do you regulate the pressure down for the ARB's?

Quote:

post #6 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 05:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Here is my manifold setup (bolted to one of my unused coil buckets above the rear axle)...

From the far left, on the end is a plug for the port I don't need, the three black hoses are (in no particular order) my supply FROM the 2 gallon tank, the rear air drop, and my line that runs up the the pressure switch and the air gauge line under the hood (I have an air gauge in the sPod that I need to supply air to), the next to the right is an extra full pressure air drop (just in case 3 people need to air up all at once, and the regulator is to bring the air pressure down to 90ish PSI for the ARBs and my quick connect for running air tools, if needed.

Under the hood is a simple t-fitting (pardon the shadow) that supplies air to the pressure switch and the air gauge.

Quote:

post #7 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
So, how do you regulate the pressure down for the ARB's?
Contacted ARB with that concern, the max pressure for the compressor is 150, and hat is maxed out, They said the internal regulator in the locker starts to bleed off at 165 PSI but takes much more that that to damage the locker. So I should be fine with air pressure.

The locker situation is new to me so if you think I am doing something wrong please speak up. I was dead set against ARB was going to do TruTrac but got talked out of it. I explained to the tech at ARB in detail how my system is set up and he said it sounds good, I should not have any problems. Any input from the real world?

This is it before it was installed the two blank ports is where the solenoids are at now. I would photo the set up but Jeep is at the shop having install finished up.

Quote:
I guess I would've needed all my ports, too, if I'd kept the ARB solenoids, but I yanked them in favor of manual air toggle valves.
What is this manual air toggle valve you speak of *L* I prefer manual not a huge fan of electrical solenoids they are subject to failure, they is why I avoided electric lockers figured air lockers would last longer.

Last edited by HAFICON; 08-25-2013 at 05:08 PM.
post #8 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 05:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

All I know is that I've heard about blowing seals in the lockers from too high pressure. Maybe that's not true anymore, but I've had good luck with mine at the pressure I have them at now so I ain't messin' with it.

I don't think they'd steer you wrong.

Quote:

post #9 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

My air tank location.

I was going to install under Jeep but driving on and off military base multiple times a day it is less hassle. If they are in plain view less questions, and they are not exposed to the brutal Northeast Winters.

Rear air port.

Front air port.
post #10 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
All I know is that I've heard about blowing seals in the lockers from too high pressure. Maybe that's not true anymore, but I've had good luck with mine at the pressure I have them at now so I ain't messin' with it.

I don't think they'd steer you wrong.
Please I am new to the locker world any advise will be appreciated, what PSI are you supplying to lockers?
post #11 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 05:24 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'm runnin' about 90-100 psi to mine. I don't think ARB would steer you wrong, but maybe call one more time to ensure you're on the same page.

On another note, what's the problem driving on and off a military base with air tanks? I've probably been on and off the base here a few hundred times with mine since installing the air tanks. I mean, it's not like it's a big deal. Hell, they probably don't even know they're there. Even if they did climb under there and look, I doubt they're smart enough to know what they're looking at... eh, maybe that's the problem.

Quote:

post #12 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Exactly that is the problem they don't know what they would be looking at. Security tends to get nervous when the president is occasionally in and out of this place.. *L* My original air tanks may of been made from 4" PVC pipe and mounted under Jeep *L* they were for fitment purposes only to ensure the Viair tanks would fit and I changed my mind on location. And of course I am running real air tanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode