Treadwright? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 10-26-2012, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Treadwright?

Does anyone see a real problem with running retreads? Has anyone had any experience, good and bad, with these tires?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Coonasian

Garage

I've heard them praised on here a couple of times. While you wait, do a search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW
I love Walmart. Cheap shit, guns, knives, ammo, oil, chemicals, the biggest rubber selection I've ever seen and I always wondered how they could keep their prices so low and pay all the "entertainers" in the stores.

"Everything you never wanted to know about Cockatoos!" :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 Old 10-26-2012, 09:33 PM
JKO Addict!

I bought a set that I run on my offroad teardrop trailer. I actually purchased a set of 5 as I have plans to build another utilty trailer as well. With the teardrop, they've been pulled across the country a few times and they didn't fall apart.

I mounted them on my JK for a short time just because and they worked well. They are the BFG AT style, even on BFG AT carcases, but are slightly louder than real ones. Otherwise they work nice. I didn't take them offroad though so I can't comment on that.

Support the sport. GLFWDA.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 10-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Rock God

personally...

I had a couple threads, one here in Modified. I was about to drop 900 for 5x3153 shipped for my daily driver...never had anyone whos ran them say anything negative. There are alot of reviews, most good, on other forums. Wouldnt be hard to search

My deal was would 35" TWs be better than stock rubi 32"s on my 3.21 geared X? I decided to start taking the park and ride daily to justify putting 34" LTBs on my ride!

Soon to be a vendor!!!
Looking for a good Rat Rod JK donor vehicle.
post #5 of 15 Old 10-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Rock God

Ran them before on old rig, then same set for short term on the jeep. Great value, and they work. I say do it.
post #6 of 15 Old 10-27-2012, 08:48 AM
Granite Guru

I run them on my stock Rubicon wheels. You can't beat them for the price. For 5 35" tires it was just under $900 shipped and $60 mounted and balanced at Wal-Mart.

Rob

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

2009 Sunburst Orange Rubicon, 2dr, 6spd.
PSC BFH front bumper, Rock Hard 4x4 rear bumper, Bushwacker Flares
PSC Rocker Knockers ,PSC Evap Skid Plate
post #7 of 15 Old 10-31-2012, 08:17 AM
Granite Guru

I ran a set of their bfg all-terrain look a likes on my tow rig. 285/70/17s put over 10k on them before I sold the truck and didnt even notice any wear on them. They were great in the snow also. I just wish they made them in a 37" for a 17 inch rim. They wouldnt be able to keep them in stock. lol
post #8 of 15 Old 10-31-2012, 12:31 PM
Wheeler

I'm running the 265's with the old school MTR tread right now. Getting close to 10k miles and showing very little wear. When these wear out I'll try a set of 285's.
post #9 of 15 Old 10-31-2012, 07:38 PM
Granite Guru

Got 285-75-17's BFG style on my Duramax right now with ~30k on them. Haven't had a bit of trouble. 4 were less than $600 shipped to Louisiana.

If they made a 35 BFG AT with the kedge grip, it would be what would go on the JK when it comes tire time. They don't the last time I talked to them, though.
post #10 of 15 Old 11-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Granite Guru

I've posted before about how much I love my 315/70R17 Treadwright Guard Dogs. They balanced great, they handle on-road great, and they simply kick ass off-road. I've had them for 3 seasons and 8,000 miles, but I've only just gotten a chance to use them in the snow for the first time this last weekend. So far I think their snow performance is great. In every other terrain, they've been terrific. My only criticism is that they definitely hum louder than you would expect, given their mild M/T tread pattern. But with frequent rotation, they've worn evenly and they've stayed reasonably quiet. They're definitely an awesome tire for the money!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Daily driven rockcrawler
Nothing but the best: AEV, Rancho, MetalCloak, Synergy, Reid Racing, Artec, Warn, Cooper
post #11 of 15 Old 11-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I'm curious, what kind of carcass do they use? Do they say the old tire brand name on the side?

2010 Unlimited Rubicon

post #12 of 15 Old 11-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Rock God

they use a few diff ones, and yes they still have the old writing on them.

BFG
bridgestore
goodyear

you request that all your sidewalls match and they will, just might have to wait if they are out of stock.
post #13 of 15 Old 11-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Granite Guru

It is my understanding that TreadWright will always supply all 4 or 5 tires with matching casings.

Mine are BFG All Terrain T/A KO casings.

Nothing but the best: AEV, Rancho, MetalCloak, Synergy, Reid Racing, Artec, Warn, Cooper
post #14 of 15 Old 11-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Wheeler

treadwright

i love mine

I have them in the BFG carcass and yes thats correct you can get all matching carcass from them...

linky to my review thread on my local forum..

http://midsouthjeeps.com/forum/index..._fromsearch__1
post #15 of 15 Old 11-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Granite Guru

I spent all Thanksgiving playing around offroad in my Jeep, and these tires work like magic in the snow. Blazing new trails at street pressure, they're not really distinguishable from other tires, but aired down to 20lbs they really start coming into their element.

Once I got up to 8,000 feet elevation, the snow started getting cold and deep and 20lbs of air wasn't cutting it, so I aired down to 12lbs and these tires became a whole new animal. I didn't realize just how hard they were pulling my Jeep through the snow until I backed up and saw the huge piles of snow I was plowing forward as both axles were dragging underneath the snow.

I think the aggressive A/T or mild M/T tread pattern is optimal for Sierra Nevada snow conditions. The open tread allows the tires to shed snow readily while still retaining a lot of biding edges. The Kedge Grip seems to really grab the snow hard so that the tread blocks can work better to find traction instead of simply relying on the voids between the treads for traction.

I've lived in snow country my whole life, and I am truly impressed with how much traction these Guard Dogs have in the snow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode