35" with a TF leveling kit ?? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-19-2012, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

35" with a TF leveling kit ??

Trying to determine weather or not I"ll need to keep my Spidertrax. Have purchased a set of 35" Toyo MT"s and am waiting on 17x9 Mickey Thompson Classic II"s. The wheels that are coming off have approx 6-6.25 backspace where as the Thompson's are either 4.5 or 4.75. There's a lift in the plan (probably a 3.5 AEV) but most likely not for another year or two. So..for dd and mostly on pavement could I nix the spacers with this new set up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-19-2012, 11:30 AM
JKO Addict!

Yes but you are going to have to trim the pitch seam. Flat or trim flares and ditch the air dam if still on the jeep.
Stay connected and on road you should be fine.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #3 of 8 Old 10-19-2012, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

After double checking the spec's on the Classic II's, the back space is listed at 4.5 and so I'm thinking I should be ok running without spacers. I haven't had any problem's with them just prefer not using them if not necessary. Plus the bigger tires will be thowing rocks/mud bad enough as is without the extra help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 10-19-2012, 06:07 PM
JKO Addict!

You don't want to run spacers and wheels with that or less BS'ing. Just imagine the stress put on the axle/ball joints/bearings. It's not so much the width anyways, it's going to be the height.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #5 of 8 Old 10-20-2012, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Check, and thanks for the input.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-20-2012, 03:24 PM
JKO Addict!

no problem

post #7 of 8 Old 11-03-2012, 06:32 AM
Wheeler

I am running terraflex leveling kit with nitto305's on 4.5 backspacing only issue was hauling 3 dirt bikes trailer and 3 ppl in a 2 door wee bit cramped rubbed little in back on flares

Last edited by g1shadow; 11-03-2012 at 06:40 AM.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-05-2012, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Done and no touching yet, but all she gonna see until spring is snowy-slushy pavement. Gives me time to decide on lift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode