larger than 33's? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 10-16-2012, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

larger than 33's?

I know this has been asked a million times before but i cant seem to find the exact answer. I am picking up my jeep today FINALLY! its a 2013 JKU sportS white w/ 3.73's. My question is w/o a gear change should i go w/ 33's or something a little larger? I am looking at either the GY duratrac in either the 285/ 70/ 17 or 75's. (33.8" X 11.2") I am also getting rims and looking for opinion's on backpacking. I am looking at the KMC XD807 STRIKE whcih have a 4.06 BS. Lastly this is my daily driver and I not going off road that much maybe a few times a month so should I bother w/ a true 2" lift or is there anyone running the larger 75's w/ just a budget boost/ level kit? Any pics an opinions would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-16-2012, 11:10 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma-rubi View Post
I know this has been asked a million times before but i cant seem to find the exact answer. I am picking up my jeep today FINALLY! its a 2013 JKU sportS white w/ 3.73's. My question is w/o a gear change should i go w/ 33's or something a little larger? I am looking at either the GY duratrac in either the 285/ 70/ 17 or 75's. (33.8" X 11.2") I am also getting rims and looking for opinion's on backpacking. I am looking at the KMC XD807 STRIKE whcih have a 4.06 BS. Lastly this is my daily driver and I not going off road that much maybe a few times a month so should I bother w/ a true 2" lift or is there anyone running the larger 75's w/ just a budget boost/ level kit? Any pics an opinions would be great.
I've run 35s and 37s on my new 2012 with 3.73s and an auto. It is fine with either. Buy a ProCal and it will correct the shift points and make it even better.

It is almost like stock with the 35s. 37s were a stretch but it was liveable for sure.

I noticed more of a loss in brake performance than anything else.

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 Old 10-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Rock God

I just bought maxxis bighorn 305/70r17's and they came out to 34" on the rear tire carrier and 33" on the ground. I was looking for 295/70r17"s but settled on the bighorns for the price. If you're curious what they look like on the Jeep check out the "Maxxis Bighorn's anyone?" thread listed just below this one. 285/70r17's seemed a tad small to me but in all honesty with a 2" lift they look really nice.

Buy *made in
. . .. While you still can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-17-2012, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

thanks for the feedback. How do the Bighorns ride? Arent they more of a mud tire than an AT?
post #5 of 5 Old 10-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma-rubi View Post
thanks for the feedback. How do the Bighorns ride? Arent they more of a mud tire than an AT?
Yes, they are a mud tire. I can only compare them to my last two sets of similar tires I've owned. I had bfg km and km2's, and these are more quite than both of them, which must be good because my bfg's were quieter than most anyone else I wheeled with. Personally I couldn't find any AT's I liked accept the dick cepick's... Those look sweet! I almost bought those @ 305/65r17 but they cost a tad more than the Maxxis. So I went for the slightly bigger tire.

Buy *made in
. . .. While you still can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode