Mickey Thompson 36x15.50 Will it fit - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-25-2012, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Mickey Thompson 36x15.50 Will it fit

Hi all,

I'm SERIOUSLY considering the Mickey Thompson 36x15.50 Baja MTZ for my JK. I'm curious if I'd run into rubbing issues with an AEV 3.5" lift with a full bumper. My wheel spec is 20x10 with a 4.5" backspacing. Anyone with knowledge on this?

Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-25-2012, 02:50 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

You will run into some rubbing issues with those. You could run a 1.5" wheel spacer and be able to turn your wheel most of the way.

37x12.50s rubbed the front LCAs with 4.5" back spacing on my last Jeep. 15.50 is going to knock your turning radius down a lot.

It can be done - just need to mess with it a little to make it right.

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 Old 09-25-2012, 03:36 PM
JKO Addict!

I am not sure why you would want to run such a wide tire, if it were me I would go with a 37x12.5" and gain the extra ground clearance without the steering issues. Are you into mud bogging?

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-25-2012, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

No, not into mud bogging. I bought my 2012 as my daily driver and will probably see a light trail only once (just for photos) I strictly want the Micky Ts just for the great look. I love the wide aggressive stance.

I found the JK in the photo below with the same wheels and Tire size but with 4" lift where as mine is 3.5" I see this truck is running a stubby, I guess for me to make it work I will need to do the same..but then again maybe not since I won't be crawling?
Attached Images

post #5 of 6 Old 09-25-2012, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

and another
Attached Images

post #6 of 6 Old 09-25-2012, 04:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Ya, that looks like a mall crawler. If that is the look you are going for then have at it, it will be a tight fit though. That tire width is not popular at all and it may be hard to find someone using that size. I would think with 4.5" bs wheels you might need 1.5"-2" wheel spacers. Aired down on trails will be hard on the steering as well.
Good luck with the build.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode