Stock Rubicon tire on aftermarket wheels - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-18-2012, 04:18 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Stock Rubicon tire on aftermarket wheels

I have seen this question asked here many times, here and on other forums. The answer is always the same-Why would you want to. I just wasn't ready to give or throw out my brand new BFG 255/75/17 that came on my jeep the stock rubi wheels are another story I call them off set from hell what was jeep thinking with these.
So yesterday I switched the stock tires to my ATX teflon 17x8, 0 offset wheels.
I was thinking they might not look right but I was wrong. I think they look pretty good. I like the tire off road they bit really well in most cases as good if not better than my buddies bigger fatter tires.
So here it is

Last edited by Puck; 09-20-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-18-2012, 05:44 AM
Granite Guru

With the "Free Tires For Life" deal I got with my 2011, it will be a while before I'm ready to upgrade to larger tires. And when I do, I will probably go tall&skinny to save weight, this time around.
However, the silver wheels HAVE to go.
From what I've been told, and read on the forums, these tires will not fit a 17x9 wheel?

I'm having a hard time finding black spoke wheels I like in 17x8. Though I will admit, your wheels look great!
post #3 of 7 Old 09-18-2012, 06:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Free tires for life? What the heck is that about? I could've saved $2500 on my last set!

Seriously, though? Offset from hell? What was Jeep thinking? What's wrong with them? Heck, there are many other parts of the JK that need to be complained about before the wheels.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-18-2012, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
Free tires for life? What the heck is that about? I could've saved $2500 on my last set!

Seriously, though? Offset from hell? What was Jeep thinking? What's wrong with them? Heck, there are many other parts of the JK that need to be complained about before the wheels.
My stock wheel are on Craigs list since early yesterday, I have 700 miles on 4 of them 0 on the 5th 1 and got one call and he offered me $200.00 for them. Must be no one wants them and the dealers get $110 each but I don't know how.

I just wanted to post what stock rubicon tires can look like on aftermarket wheels.

My summer play toy.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-19-2012, 06:39 AM
Granite Guru

Thanks for the pic, Puck. It does help.

And the dealer i got my 2011 from has a deal going. Do your oil changes and tire rotations there, and they replace the tires free when they wear out.
I know a lot of you do your own oil changes, but with all the other things going on, I don't mind giving them a few $$ to save ME a lot of $$ later.

Oh, and if I decide to go with different sized tires or different brand I get a $175/tire credit toward the new ones. I felt it was worth it...especially when I move up to 35s at almost $300/tire.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-19-2012, 10:00 AM
Granite Guru

Hey man someone stole your winch.

I've seen the 255s on a 17x9 wheel quite a few times. People don't seem to be having an issue. Not sure what wheeling at 15psi or so would bring.

Lord, give me patience. I'm afraid that if you give me strength I'll need bail money too.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-19-2012, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrysam View Post
Hey man someone stole your winch.

I've seen the 255s on a 17x9 wheel quite a few times. People don't seem to be having an issue. Not sure what wheeling at 15psi or so would bring.
I had the motor rewound to increase the HP of my winch. It's back on now
Attached Images

My summer play toy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode