Tpms light on solid - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-11-2012, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Tpms light on solid

2012 JK Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon.

We just finished up two weeks on Martha's Vineyard. We were on the beach everyday, aired down to 15 PSI. At the end of each day I brought the tires back up to about 30 psi for the short drive back to where we were staying.

The TPMS light was on all two weeks. Since I was about 10lbs under, I didn't think anything of it. Before we left to go home, I brought pressure back up to 37 psi. A week later the TPMS light is still on solid. I've checked the tires and they are at 37 psi cold.

The manual states that a solid light after one min flashing on every engine start signals a "malfunction".

Did something get damaged during the two week air down?

2012 Rubicon Unlimited, 6-Speed Manual.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Wheeler

If it is blinking at start-up, it is not reading one or more sensors. Mine only works about half the time so probably not something you did. You might be able to determine which sensor by airing down one tire at a time to see which one does not give low air warning.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-12-2012, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offthewall View Post
2012 JK Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon.

We just finished up two weeks on Martha's Vineyard. We were on the beach everyday, aired down to 15 PSI. At the end of each day I brought the tires back up to about 30 psi for the short drive back to where we were staying.

The TPMS light was on all two weeks. Since I was about 10lbs under, I didn't think anything of it. Before we left to go home, I brought pressure back up to 37 psi. A week later the TPMS light is still on solid. I've checked the tires and they are at 37 psi cold.

The manual states that a solid light after one min flashing on every engine start signals a "malfunction".

Did something get damaged during the two week air down?

SOLVED.

I'm not exactly sure what did it but;

I checked the spare. It was at 41PSI. I lowered that to 40.0.

I again rechecked all others, they were still at 37.0.

I then added air to all other tires up to about 43, then bled then back down to 40.0.

All TPMS lights and buzzers are off now.

Was it the 3 psi difference? Could the high pressure filler I used at the beach air station have stuck a sensor in some way?

2012 Rubicon Unlimited, 6-Speed Manual.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Rock God

Garage

I believe in addition to telling you when your tire pressure is low, it will also come on if the tires are over-inflated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode