New tire Opinions - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-06-2012, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

New tire Opinions

Hey guys,

Ordering some new tires and wanted to get your opinion before I pull the trigger. Right now I have 33s mounted on 18in Rockstars. I'm honestly so ready to get of my rockstars, I got them when they first came out and now its like everybody and their brother have them. Here's where I'm going back and forth, I don't have the coin right now for a new set of wheels but I can get factory 17s fairly easy. Think I should switch to stockers and paint them black or keep the 18s and wait to switch out? I'm thinking about Toyo's really want Rockers but am going to be running up and down the road from here to Raleigh fairly often(1 to 1 1/2 hours) for college so I'm trying to get a tire thats going to last longer than my Grapplers. I got about 23K out of them.

Anyways what do you guys think...also any tire opinons? Here's a pic of the rig so you know what I'm working with:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Rock God

Go with a nice A/T like the Falkens. Run your tires a bit softer and rotate every 3k, they will last longer.
I commute 60 miles a day on 35" Rockers and love them. So far running 26psi I have 15,000 miles on them with minimal wear. I estimate that I will get about 40,000 miles out of these in a 5 tire rotation.

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited, Dual Tops, MyGig, Tow pkg, Trax-Lok Rear Diff,
Mods -- 3.5" Rock Krawler front springs, 2.5 TerraFlex BB rear, Mopar D44HD/J8, OX Locker, RCVs, 37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on ProComp 7069, AEV Premium front bumper, Smittybilt X2O 12K Comp winch.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-09-2012, 09:18 PM
V8 dreams

What size are you going to go with? Stay with 33 or go up?

And I would imagine any tire you goto will last longer and be quieter than those grapplers. I love those tires, obnoxious and make no sense financially, but they are just badass. (yeah I like the rockstars too, but I'm like you, gets old when you see em on everybody's rig)

The nitto trail grappler gets sweet reviews, as do the toyos around here. Sold a set of toyos to Merlin here on JKO with over 20k on em and they will last another 25-30k easily. Seems duratracs are a nice middle ground tire also.

I've considered the falkens for my wife's WK2 because of all the good reviews, and she doesn't want an aggressive looking tire on there. I do think that after having the 33 MG on there that if you put 33 falken on there you'd kick yourself square in the nuts with a steel toed boot

Vandy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2010 Silver JKU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Wheeler

You could take the center caps off the rockstars to change the look...just put some standard caps on them. What do you use your tires for? Beach, trails, and/or rocks. Maybe get some aggressive A/Ts since you have the long commute...Nitto Terra or Trail Grapplers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode