15" on 5x5 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-01-2012, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

15" on 5x5

Have a chance to get a deal on some used 37's but they are for 15" wheels. Anyone know who makes a set of steelies 15" 5x5? Could always use adapters too I guess. He wants 500 for the tires, or 700 with the wheels. Good deal?
Here they are.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-01-2012, 02:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

buy the tires, not the wheels, unless you want to have a spacer/converter made.

Cragar soft 8's work 90% of the time on a JK.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 08-01-2012, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee1669 View Post
buy the tires, not the wheels, unless you want to have a spacer/converter made.

Cragar soft 8's work 90% of the time on a JK.
Kinda what I was figuring. I really wasn't wanting to run a spacer. Ill check out the soft 8's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-01-2012, 03:00 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitter View Post
Kinda what I was figuring. I really wasn't wanting to run a spacer. Ill check out the soft 8's.
15" steel wheels (Cragar, Unique) will require a spacer or modification to your caliper or they will hit your brakes.

MB72's, MB Chaos 5's, MB TKO, MB Razor, Black Rock Viper, Black Rock D-window Alloy will all clear your JK brakes without spacers or grinding of your caliper.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...*5-5%2F5.5&rw=

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 11 Old 08-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Wheeler

15" wheels do not always require a spacer or mods. Ask around, there are people running steel wheels with 4" of back spacing without spacers or caliper grinding.

Sent from my iPhone on the toilet.
post #6 of 11 Old 08-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Rock God

Anyone else think thsoe look like the trail duty hummer wheels wiht treadright retreads? If there treadrights you can get them "new" for not much more.....
post #7 of 11 Old 08-01-2012, 06:19 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon! View Post
15" wheels do not always require a spacer or mods. Ask around, there are people running steel wheels with 4" of back spacing without spacers or caliper grinding.

Based on our test fitting 15" steel wheels and the number of returns we have had from customers that have purchased 15" steel wheels, they don't clear without some sort of modification or spacer. (neither of which we recommend) The flange created at the back side of the wheels holes hits the calipers. This is not the case with all sizes of steel wheels but has been the case with all 15" steel wheels that we have test fit.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

Last edited by Discount Tire; 08-01-2012 at 06:21 PM.
post #8 of 11 Old 08-01-2012, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Anyone else think thsoe look like the trail duty hummer wheels wiht treadright retreads? If there treadrights you can get them "new" for not much more.....
Really? Never heard of those. Is the tread similar?
post #9 of 11 Old 08-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
Based on our test fitting 15" steel wheels and the number of returns we have had from customers that have purchased 15" steel wheels, they don't clear without some sort of modification or spacer. (neither of which we recommend) The flange created at the back side of the wheels holes hits the calipers. This is not the case with all sizes of steel wheels but has been the case with all 15" steel wheels that we have test fit.
My friend is running 15 x 8 soft 8's with 4 inches of backspace and no mods or spacers on his JK.

post #10 of 11 Old 08-04-2012, 06:52 AM
Granite Guru

Not steelies, but as mentioned above the MB72s from Discount fit perfectly in the 15" variety.

'11 JK Unlimited Sahara - 2.5 Frankenlift, ,33X12.50 Duratracs on 15" MB72s, Genright Rockers (aluminum), WURX front and rear bumpers/tire carrier, Warn winch

'01 TJ 60th Anniversary, 2" Budget Boost, 33" BFG ATs, AFW Front Bumper, Olympic Rock Bumper, Warn Engine & Steering box skid, Kilby Gas Tank Skid, OR Fab Rock Slider Bars, Rhino'd tub - GONE
post #11 of 11 Old 08-04-2012, 07:36 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

I have 15" Pro Comp 8069's and Raceline Monster beadlocks... both aluminum but bot have no rubbing issues - 3.75 bs

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode